Need some help with paint!

  • Thread starter Thread starter humbo
  • 3 comments
  • 466 views
Messages
279
Ok so I just got home and I found a spot of paint on the rear bumper of my car. Now I think that there was paint rubbed off from another car but hopefully none came off of mine. Using my fingers I removed some of it, but now I want to know are there any special ways of removing it?

Can I just keep using my fingers to rub it all off? Do I need water? What shouldn't I do? Thanks in advance.
 
Just use paint thinner, it will wipe it right off and wont mess up the finish of your car.
 
Be careful with paint thinner or mineral spirits. Test it on the bottom of the bumper first.

I would get some polishing compound (DuPont #7, or white rubbing compound) and try gently rubbing it out. My wife's car got sideswiped by a shopping cart and I was able to make it invisible with #7.
 
Alright thanks for the help guys, I was pretty worried as the car is a down payment for my new 325i that's coming soon.
 
Back