Need some helpMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ev0
  • 14 comments
  • 678 views

Ev0

Messages
4,680
I'm doing an English project right now that requires me to find a song that is about the transition between adulthood and childhood, and the challenges involved in the transition. I'm no expert on song lyrics so could anyone help me out?
 
not sure how well this one fits, but [Xzibit - Foundation
it's a good song but it's a bit explicit.

For sure though, try Coolio - I Remember. Great song but I'm not sure how well it'll fit your needs.

I'm not too well hearsed on any other genre of music since I only recently started listening to rock.
 
Cat Stevens - Cat's Cradle

Probably the first one that comes into my head. It's about how a kid's dad never had time to play with him when he was younger, then when the kid grows up and comes back home, he doesn't have time for his dad anymore.
 
Luther Vandross - My father.

:lol:
 
There is a Frank Sinatra song that might be what you're looking for, but I don't know the title. The lines in the song usually start with, "When I was (put any age here), it was a very good year."
 
Harry Shapiro - Cats in the Cradle (also covered by Ugly Kid Joe). About a child growing up like his father.

There is a Frank Sinatra song that might be what you're looking for, but I don't know the title. The lines in the song usually start with, "When I was (put any age here), it was a very good year."

I know which song you are talking about. Ick. Old Blue Eyes is not my cuppa tea.
 
Cat's Cradle is actually by Harry Chapin, not by Cat Stevens or Harry Shapiro (whoever that is). And cheezy as it is, it's a fairly direct lyric that might fit your needs.

I might also suggest Can You See The Real Me from The Who's Quadrophenia album... in fact, the whole album.
 
not sure if this'll fit as well as the Coolio song I linked to but John Mayer - '83 is a cool song
 
Speaking of Cat Stevens, Father and Son might work. Its a good song in general...he has a lot of good songs, come to think of it. I would definitely check that one out.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Cat's Cradle is actually by Harry Chapin, not by Cat Stevens or Harry Shapiro (whoever that is). And cheezy as it is, it's a fairly direct lyric that might fit your needs.


Thanks Neon.

Ugly Kid Joe remake > Original, IMO.
 
I chose Cat's Cradle for the presentation today, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
 
Gee, I just saw this and I was gonna suggest Marc Cohn's "The Things We've Handed Down".
Oh well, the story of my life.. A day late, and a dollar short.:lol:
 
Originally posted by Ev0
I chose Cat's Cradle for the presentation today, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!


:cheers:
 
Back