Need some info on Doom3.

NocturnalPS

?¿That's Odd?¿
Staff Emeritus
United States
Tx, Alamo City
XRaptor529
Theres soo many sites out there that talks about it. Just want to know if anyone know where i can get a video preview of the game. I found it once and ever since then i could not find it again.I think it was at megagames one time but cant find it now.

Quicktime is almost always better quality video when downloading from this type of site. Another good hint is to look at the file size.

Ive played the e3 demo. it ran slow as ****.

I dont think this game will be as great as many think. It will probably be like every other FPS, just with amazing immersion. The graphics and sound will no doubt be amazing, but fps's to me are always boring. I was bored right away with the demo. All you do is walk and kill.

Heh maybe so but I am eagerly awaiting its release. I love FPS's. I've been a fan of Doom games for along time now. I even play Doom II and others regularly.

Originally posted by advanR
Ive played the e3 demo. it ran slow as ****.

I dont think this game will be as great as many think. It will probably be like every other FPS, just with amazing immersion. The graphics and sound will no doubt be amazing, but fps's to me are always boring. I was bored right away with the demo. All you do is walk and kill.
...and where would one get this demo? ;)

You dont want it. Trust me. The last I knew it was in alpha phase and its horrible. Not the game just the fact that its an alpha. Even top end systems cant run it right.

yea it was the alpha. found it on irc. I think someone at ATI leaked it, so technically it is illegal. That or for the reason that no one wants to piss Id off, I dont think you will find it on any well known websites.

On my 1.6g p3 system w/ 8500 It ran horrible. with no enemies on screen i got probably 10 fps, I cant remember. But when a guy came on screen it had to be 2 fps or less. that was at 640x480 with nothing extra on.

It was still pretty cool though. Being in the environment, you could walk around and see the sweet lighting and shadowing. If you are really into and awaiting the game, it might spoil it for you, but I dont know. IF you want to see the same type of advanced effects, do a search for tenebrae. Its an add on for quake 1 or 2, cant remember. Anyway it adds the cool lighting that doom 3 uses to the game, and it works with the demo. When I first got my video card it was fun to check it out.

you cant judge an alpha build, because its just that, an alpha build. It isnt the complete game, the E3 demo was just a demo to show off the graphics and give people a small taste of what to expect.

According to John Carmack the game engine wasnt even close to being done when that demo was shown. By the time doom 3 is released it is going to look much better, and run much better to.

So hold off on juding the game until you see the final version. It isnt fair to just blow it off on a alpha build that was meant to show only the graphics on a very incomplete game engine.

Originally posted by Toolfan
you cant judge an alpha build, because its just that, an alpha build. It isnt the complete game, the E3 demo was just a demo to show off the graphics and give people a small taste of what to expect.

According to John Carmack the game engine wasnt even close to being done when that demo was shown. By the time doom 3 is released it is going to look much better, and run much better to.

So hold off on juding the game until you see the final version. It isnt fair to just blow it off on a alpha build that was meant to show only the graphics on a very incomplete game engine.
👍

Originally posted by Toolfan
the E3 demo was just a demo to show off the graphics and give people a small taste of what to expect.

uh huh, thats why i got it. And thats what I got out from it. Just dont go in with huge expectations. That way you cant get dissapointed.

hmm its not that bad....i had the alpha demo...ran fine on my pc, like 40fps....p4 1.7ghz, 768mb ram, 64mb DDR ATI Radion 9000 Pro....i liked it so far, the final should be awesome :)

Originally posted by Psxgamer27
hmm its not that bad....i had the alpha demo...ran fine on my pc, like 40fps....p4 1.7ghz, 768mb ram, 64mb DDR ATI Radion 9000 Pro....i liked it so far, the final should be awesome :)
Man if it ran fine on your it HAS to run alot better on mine. Where did you DL it from?

Well just remember, the final product WILL run better than the alpha. I think thats pretty much a given.

DL? Uh thats classified...

yeah, my friend has an AMd xp1800, 256mb ddr, ati radeon 8500 64mb ddr...and he gets like 50-60fps...i dont know how he pulls that off, been trying to tweak it the best i can to get that but cant...

i got my copy off irc...if you hit my up on aim or msn sometime, i'll help ya out... i think i got a copy burned to cd i can rar up and send to ya :)

Back