Need some setup help

Im drifting at the moment and the car im using ( 91 R32 GTS-t Type M) it doesnt drift too well. Since im not very good at setting up cars can anyone help me tune it?

You can set the camber to 0 at the front and 1 or 1.5 at the rear. The car will drift well but be careful, the car will be very responsive...

The Skyline is rather heavy, so maybe increasing the power a bit will help it to drift easier.

I'm also not too good at tuning, but here's my settings if I want to drift:

Spring: 2 20
Ride: MIN MAX
Damper Bound & Rebound: Stock
Camber: Front < Rear
Toe: + front, - rear
Sway bar: 1 7
Brakes: 1 24
Gears: keep gears 1,2,3 short
LSD Ini/Acc/Dec: 1/1/1
Downforce MAX MIN
Remove ASC & TCS

That's ok, you'll learn soon enough :) Just needs practice.

With my settings, the car will be particularly unstable (easier to get into a drift) at high speeds, not so much at low speeds. So you may want to try drifting into a corner after a long straight, like the hairpin after the backstraight of Trial Mt. or Grindelwald.

Hmmmm. Well, you're already using sim tires...but you haven't posted settings up yet. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the GTS-t Type M rear-drive? You should be able to get some drifts reliably if it is, with some help from settings (to make them start easier...) According to my notes, the RWD Skylines from this generation have a habit of 'fishtailing and wheelspin"...perfect behaviour to get drifts started.

But most of the action will ultimately come from you...the way you attack corners, your skill level, etc.

Anyways, let's see those settings. :)

Try raising the rear. I would also try putting extra camber on the rear (2 degrees or more) so it gets more and more slippery and gets sideways easier. Then, you should be able to get a drift started if you keep practicing. Your only problem at that point might be keeping your drift going....anad that will take practice. :nervous:

i get a an evo5 rs and tune it all the way. then pull all the lsd down to 0. with back tires simulation and front tires normal. if you drift a lil to much i kinda locks the drift were i cant turn to the other side. so its a lil anoying. i need it to swing left and right good. not drift it and let is stay on that side till it crashs. can you help me on how to make it couter steer< or what ever

Try changing the front tires to simulation, with normal front/simulation rear the grip difference is too much. You can also try making the front toe more negative to help you get out of a drift easier.

Latest Posts

Back