Need your guy's help tuning an Acura NSX!!!

RacingGameFan22

(Banned)
I am Currently doing the MR races with a NSX Type S Zero. Anyway, I'm doing the ~493 race, and I tuned my NSX to be competitive. I got all the engine mods (including the NA stage 2), Racing Brakes and BBC, Full racing Suspension and transmission, and Racing Muffler and air cooler. I need your help in tuning the suspension, because when I get it on High Speed Ring, the MR, combined with the high banking of the Ring, makes it spin out.

any help would be appreciated.

wow, look at this guys? A question that actually has some detail to it!!! :lol: Instead of just: "can u toon my NXS???" :ouch:

Sorry i can't go into detail here, it's been awhile since i played GT2, but i would try raising the car to about 120 mm, but leaving the rear 10 mm lower than the front. This keeps the rear portioned anchored while you're up on those banks, instead of getting loose (which is how spins can usually start).

Also, soften the springs & stabilizers Everyone seems to think stiff springs and a lowered suspension are the best cure for all. My experience has been that with mid-engine cars in GT2, such settings make them too nervous. That's just me tho.

try setting your diff like this: 25/35/20. Put a good bit of camber up front (like 3 degrees) to keep your front tires from having too much grip reaction. You can also add some +toe as well, but not too much.

Also, use soft or supersoft tires if you have to. Sucahyo proved the Ai were using good tires in this race awhile back, so don't feel like you shouldn't. You can also try mixing tires so that you've got soft tires up front and supersoft in the rear.

...anyways, hopefully someone else here who's currently playing GT2 will come along and go more into detail than i have.

Parnelli's advice is good advice, but with NSXs tuning doesn't help that much really. It can make the car less prone to spin outs, but still not in total control. Practice is the best way to get the most out of this car 👍.

Exactly. Settings are just a stepping stone to help one try to acheive a desired result, but these mid-engine cars will still be tricky as hell up on those banks.

The only mid-engine cars i remember being somewhat easy to drive at banked tracks were the Vectors. For some reason, they just glide. I'm not sure why, but i always assumed it was because they've got such good aerodynamics that kick in the faster you go.

Vectors are also quite heavy (compared to other MRs anyway), so they bounce around less and oversteer less on bankings. Like you said though, the best cure for banking oversteer is to put lots of downforce. Unfortunately the NSXs in the US version of GT2 doesn't have racing mods 👎. I want to suggest the JGTC NSXs but they are overpowered for the MR Cup.

The only other MR car I can think of right now that is stable when stock and eligible for the MR races is the XJR15. I remember it has around 460 HP or so, might be wrong though...

That's right. And since the GT40 appears sometimes, it's okay to use downforce. I mean, it's possible to take on the GT40 without downforce, but i imagine it's tricky.

Back