Needed feature?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elric718
  • 6 comments
  • 638 views
Messages
330
Messages
elric718
Wouldn't it be neat if for every car in the UCD (and maybe new cars too) if there was an icon or something to show if you already owned it?

I imagine if you have hundreds of cars, it must be hard to keep track of which ones you don't have. I am starting to collect every S2000 and NSX, and this would help a lot.

Or maybe I am a dope and there is already something like this. (It seems easy enough to do.)
 
Wouldn't it be neat if for every car in the UCD (and maybe new cars too) if there was an icon or something to show if you already owned it?

I imagine if you have hundreds of cars, it must be hard to keep track of which ones you don't have. I am starting to collect every S2000 and NSX, and this would help a lot.

Or maybe I am a dope and there is already something like this. (It seems easy enough to do.)

This has been asked and discuss many times before, but regardless that should be a must have. It took me days to obtain all the cars from the UCD and figuring out what I had was a pain.
 
I track it all in an Excel doument, I got it off of one of the threads at the top of Q&A but I deleted the extra info & spread it out over tabs (was going to use macro buttons for each car then freeze the panes so the buttons where always on the right but couldn't be bothered lol) ... I just highlight all the cars I have and then I can just have a quick check when in the UCD. You are more than welcome to download it (link below) and do the same thing if you are interested, you'll just have to remove the highlighting.

I do agree though, just a little tick like in the tuning shop to say we own a particular car would make things so much easier ... I would also like the option to buy multiple cars in one go by say marking off all the cars I want and then doing one big purchase (I'll usually buy twenty cars at a time) ... Takes a lot of time this car collecting you know!
 
I'd definitely like this feature.

FM3 says "You already have x cars of this type in your garage"... very useful!
 
Wouldn't it be neat if for every car in the UCD (and maybe new cars too) if there was an icon or something to show if you already owned it?

I imagine if you have hundreds of cars, it must be hard to keep track of which ones you don't have. I am starting to collect every S2000 and NSX, and this would help a lot.

Or maybe I am a dope and there is already something like this. (It seems easy enough to do.)

That would help alot, because its hard to remember exactly which models of say a nissan skyline you have cos theres a good few of em, I hate when I buy a car that I already had :(
 
True ... I have a spreadsheet with every car copied and pasted from some site and put cars in green when i get them but when it comes to the NSXs you have to check every time ... and now my laptops broke so i have to run downstaris to that computer and load it all up to check :( Your more than welcome to have it but i dont know how to put them on this :( Id probably email it ... much easier 👍
 
The execution of this feature is actually not THAT unambiguous.

Would this icon be there, if you have just the same model or the same exact model/colour combination?

In any case, someone would complain about the way it's implemented, too - I'm sure.


For me, it wouldn't help a lot, because I'm trying to get all cars in either dealership condition or -for the UCD cars- engine overhauled and rigidity restored condition. At the same time, I still have cars that I use for doing the races in the meantime, but they would show as "already have that car" as well, when I don't have them counting to the collection yet. Oh, it's all so complicated!! :sly:
 
Back