Needed improvements for online racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zelvik
  • 5 comments
  • 492 views
Messages
31
Messages
Zelvick
What improevement do you think would be essential for online racing?

I guess we have a consensus here, that we need a better matchmaking system that allows us to quickly find the type of race we are interested in. But apart from that what is needed to improve the quality of races.

Settings:
What I realy miss, are more exhaustive possibilities to set up races. But I guess there is a base problem with the GT5 database - cars should have gotten tags like NASCAR, JGTC, Touring car, road car, hot hatch etc. that one could choose from as limitation - also including more of the existing tags like the cars production year or drive.

In Race options:
A flag system would be great, at least yellow flagging a race, ordering out a pacecar if large parts of the field are involved in an accident (would be great for NASCAR races).
 
I think the ability to invite your friends directly to your room would be great.
 
I think a very basic check list will suffice, that would make a much needed improvement and link to the match making part mentioned above.

When you go to the online page you can choose the track and if SRF is all/off, if there was a selection for Racing/Drift/Cruising or something like this. and a few further options for say a weight/power limits you are looking for. Once selected just these rooms come up.
Basically I am just asking for improved filters to quickly find/narrow down what I want rather than going 10 rooms just to find 1 usable 1.

+ the above would be nice like a meet request feature to quickly locate friends and events.
 
For a game 6 years in development how is it missing such a basic option to invite friends? Someone at pd needs a slap!
 
I think the ability to invite your friends directly to your room would be great.

Yeah 👍; just like you can in F1 2010

A 'no-brainer' in my way of thinking :dopey:
 
Another one I see a lot come up that could be handy is a "racer car" or "road car" only setting.
 
Back