needing help from a tunner

• Thread starter JPS
  • 15 comments

JPS

Racing at Daytona I've set up my car but am finding that the back end becomes a bit easy to slide on exit from corners or going through someones draft, the rear end is higher than the front, wondering if this is the cause, as i have not seen this with my other set ups for different cars, much appreciated if someone can explain why it happens and how to rid it:)

A little off topic, but when are you coming back online to Daytona Cashwars? You were just in the race I just had but you quit.

right its the RX8,
at last attemp i'd put the RH=-30, -30, SR=5, 5, D=3, 3, Toe=-0.25, 0.00, CA=2.4, 2.0, i've tried the springs at soft and hard thinking this was why it kept going

Could really do with a bloody fast tank as Daytona is now full of people who are passing their time bump/shunting while they are obviously waiting for their ballz to drop

Soon, was trying to tune a RX8, think this is a fairly unused unappreciated fast car at the oval, mind you with the back end causing problems maybe unused for a reason

Last edited:
Nah, you dont need a tank, you just need to drop the PP and keep your lead at the start.
How else do you think my Jag keeps winning? lol

ok try playing around with the toe (rear mainly to try to give you some more grip), im not familiar with the RX8 so it may be naturally unstable at high speed im not sure.

yea, just figured i should play with rear toe, giving it a go now, see how it goes

right changed the front toe slighly and added some + to rear seems to make it a lot more stable, still seems a bit skitish low in the bends, but seen as the tunners are avoiding making tunes for D.O i have to make do with my own lack of knowledge/experience/tact/common sense:sly:

Last edited:
Yea D.O isnt much fun to tune though, i only made one Daytona car and that was a Tund/Vette, most of the work is getting the gears sorted.

Cashwars, I ended up going with the Nissan Skyline Coupe. I was running the Amuse Opera and Ardius give me some info on the Jag and I have been running it also but I really like the Skyline the best.:)

What kind of times are you running? I only very very quickly tuned a Tuscan on S3s and took two laps got around 52 seconds flat.

yea im down to about 51.5 now, going to leave it there. Not bad seeing as the tune was all estimations then ran it, and the Tuscan isn't very powerful either because its light (PP issue) so you can't get a great time with it.

i find the only problem is free run is nothing like race time as now you got the draft in the straights and beds to contend with

Yeah, you just leave the tune with some space in the gears for drafting before you do a free run lap.
I didn't spend ages doing that lap, I just did it as a test to compare to other cars and tunes and see which car I felt was best in my hands.
I also tested them online, obviously, but with the online boost and the trouble trying to get a clean lap out, its not always a good test of a cars speed (though it does help compare against other cars and PP values).

Im using the Viper for the Oval, It does pretty good there, I have got it tuned for the straights because its easier to deal with traffic on the straights than the corners.
For tuning on the Oval like mentioned above, The gear ratio's are important to do well there.;)

Back