Never before seen Gran Turismo car discovered!

• Thread starter Miskaroni
  • 3 comments
Finland
Finland
Hello everybody again.

Today I'm making a quick post about the discovery of a Gran Turismo car model that we've never seen before & have never found data for in any of the games.
The car in question is: NISMO Skyline Coupe S-tune '03. The car was seen displayed in a 2003 car magazine about the car, which also featured screenshots of the car in-game.
This is a special S-tune version of the Skyline Coupe, similar in style to the "Fairlady Z Gran Turismo Aero / S-tune Concept".
The car itself is not included in any builds of the game available to public currently. We can only say one thing: The car is from one of the 2003 demo builds of Gran Turismo concept.
It was brought into my attention by a member of my Discord server, Ari, and as we already know, the magazine was published in 2003.
Not much is known about the car, at least not without being able to read the magazine it was featured in.

This discovery makes it that one bit more important to get the data from the 2003 demos.
This discovery also possibly proves something; In my "LIST of probable content hidden inside late GT Concept demo builds.", I also featured the earliest GT4P cars as potential cars found in the 2003 GTC builds. This discovery possibly proves me right, as this shows that they did have a 2003 Skyline Coupe modeled at this time, and surprise surprise, GT4P featured the 2003 Skyline Coupe initially. This could mean some of the GT4P early cars indeed were in 2003 GTCs, and this would make the amount of hidden content in those builds pretty substantial.

And just another note about it, the car banner logo they used for the car in the magazine is actually in the same style as one of the last banners to ever be updated in the currently obtained GTC builds. In the unused Japanese language menus in GTC Micra#2, they actually had updated the logo for the 350Z GT Aero S-tune, and as we can see, it's in the same style. This style was never officially used in any builds of GT we have, and even in GT4, the S-tune logo was changed back to the initial GTC style.

And here is a photo of the magazine with the car:

And big thanks for this person for posting the original image to Instagram, which allowed us to see this previously hidden car!

The Nismo catalogue had a larger version of the same render - there's a higher-resolution scan found here.

D5JgM3QU4AA_m6I

So this was a lost Gran Turismo car. I like it. I wonder how much horsepower it has too. But too bad this car didn't appear in GT4 Prologue or GT4 though. Such a missed opportunity.

Latest Posts

Back