Never get oil changed, what happens?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squibis
  • 11 comments
  • 1,074 views
Messages
116
Messages
Squibis
I've been using my x2010 to see what happens.
It started with about 1494 max horsepower which would slowly decrease every time I went to look and see what an oil change would give me.
Now that max horsepower seems to have leveled off at 1474.
I'm over 20,000 without an oil change. Has anyone ever blown a motor doing this and or know what happens?
I'll go to 1,000,000 without one if I have to! :p
 
It makes your car acceleration crappy you might not feel it now but youll see the oil thing icon while driving meaning you need an oil change when my Minolta had that icon it was basically crap and you can't basically drive it
 
You will have no ill effect whatsoever from not changing oil / rebuilding your engine

Every 6k miles your car will lose about 1 horsepower, forever. regardless of maintenance

extrapolate that (my x2010 has almost 100k miles) and youre going to have a chunk of horsepower gone forever. that will have a noticeable effect on top speed

thats about all.
 
I wonder how long it would take to lose all horsepower....if that's even possible in this game.
 
My 2J has over 105,000 miles on it with no oil change whatsoever and never had any engine maintenence done to it and it runs and drives just fine. From my findings, after about 15,000 miles, you only lose 1 HP per every 5,000 miles.
 
Well for me my Minolta kinda changed maybe it was the suspensions
 
Well for me my Minolta kinda changed maybe it was the suspensions

Well, I can tell you that not changing the oil only affects the engine, not the suspension or any other part of the car. Maybe you just need to do a chassis restore.
 
in gonna buy a gtr stock and never change the oil and never rebuild the engine and see what happens and when i do that i'll open a room broken down car
 
in gonna buy a gtr stock and never change the oil and never rebuild the engine and see what happens and when i do that i'll open a room broken down car

I can tell you what will happen. You will lose HP and thats it. Like I said, my 2J drives just fine. Matter of fact, I have about 100 friends that use it in every seasonal time trial that its allowed in due to its PP/HP ratio. Very popular car in the time trials. Guess I shouldn't be giving out the top 10's secret, lol.
 
Only slight loss of power on GT5, but in GT4 I had a Beetle RSi with only 1hp and it wouldn't go over 5mph.
 
I ran a few cars without changing their oil. They will drop in power to a certain level, then it stops losing power. It takes about 3000-3500 miles with the oil light on for the power to drop to the lowest number. except for losing power and getting a lazy engine Nothing really happens.

I dont have any numbers handy but i'm sure i lost way more than 1 HP per 5000 miles (as suggested by cargo rat)

For those wondering why do this, I was trying to get cars into the dirt time trail (the old glitched event).
 
Last edited:
The formulas for hp vs mileage have been calculated. You can search for them on this site. I'd link, but I forgot where the topic is exactly.

Also note that the equations could have been changed in an update at some point.
 
Back