**New 992** PORSCHE GT3 CUP CHALLENGE RECRUITMENT, Accepting Entries!!, Fridays 9pm est, Monthly, Next Event at Watkins Glen - See Details to Join UsOpen 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 8 comments
United States
Bel Air, MD
NOVA-0479

RECRUITMENT THREAD

Welcome to our Series Introduction and Recruitment Thread for SNAIL Friday Night Racing. We are currently recruiting and accepting entries for new drivers who are interested in parity style BoP/driver leveling racing that allows open tuning. For this 6 month season series, we will be running the new 2022 Porsche 911 GT3RS (992) to be built and spec'd to a Porsche GT3 Cup race car. We had 3 successful seasons in the 991 Porsche, and now the torch has been passed to the new 992 edition

Please have a look at the link below to review the series details and and instructions for signing up if interested. Hoping to find some new racers to join our well established group of regulars within our Friday Night Racing Series.

Last edited:
1699019107303.png

Sign ups being accepted preferably for PS5 users. PS4 entries will be accepted for Reserve/back up driver roster.
See the Link in the 1st Post above for series details and to sign up.

Last edited:
Our Series Cup car built to race spec and getting a shakedown at Road Atlanta.

Also, here is a quick look at the series' livery standards/requirements that must be applied to all entrant's race cars:
1699446932425.png
1699446945864.png
1699446956817.png
1699446969942.png

Join us for the start of the Season in December. Get your entry in if interested.

Still looking for some drivers to fill out the grid. Custom bop's are set up for each driver to make the grid close from first to 16th. Bop's are adjusted each race to bring the field even closer. We have a penalty system that ensures clean driving.ive taken part in 2 of the previous series and it is close, intense, and clean racing!! I'll be opening some recruitment rooms Tuesday November 28th and Friday Dec 1 at 9est. Come check the series out!

Still looking for some drivers to fill out the grid. Custom bop's are set up for each driver to make the grid close from first to 16th. Bop's are adjusted each race to bring the field even closer. We have a penalty system that ensures clean driving.ive taken part in 2 of the previous series and it is close, intense, and clean racing!! I'll be opening some recruitment rooms Tuesday November 28th and Friday Dec 1 at 9est. Come check the series out!
For anyone interested in building a car to spec and joining our Recruitment rooms on Tuesday and Friday, see below.

Eligible Vehicle:
2022 Porsche GT3 RS (992)
Weight: 2877lbs (Stage 1 Weight Reduction Only - Do NOT reduce further. NO ballast is allowed to be added)
See Link >>> "DRS" System Use PROHIBITED <<< See Link

Vehicle Build Sheet
-OUR PORSCHE CUP CARS MUST BE SPEC'D TO SPECIFIED BASE WEIGHT and WILL NOT BE ADJUSTED
-All other adjustments/tuning/hp specs are allowed to reach each driver's specified PP regulation for each event.
-Success Handicap/concessions will issued as a "PP" required regulation and the vehicle must be adjusted thru hp, to reach new pp regulation after each event.

Required Parts List
(All parts below must be installed as noted/if available with no additional upgrades allowed)
-Weight Reduction: Stage 1 weight reduction ONLY (2877lbs). Build list MUST show only Stage 1 Reduction. Ballast is not to be used to achieve spec'd weight
-Stage 1 Weight Reduction
-Close Ratio-High Transmission ONLY
-Power Restrictor
-Fully Customizable Computer
-Fully Customizable LSD
-Increased Body Rigidity
-Racing Air Filter
-Racing Muffler
-Racing Exhaust Manifold
-Racing Brake Pads
-Slotted Racing Brake Kit (Use Slotted option ONLY for uniformity in pictures/replays)
-Racing Brake Pads
-Brake Balance Controller
-Full Customizable Suspension
-Racing Clutch Kit
-Racing Hard Tire Compound Tires
-Wide Body - NOT Available for Install
-Allowed Aero: Front, Side, and rear deck spoilers ONLY (Any height). NO "lower" rear spoilers/diffusers allowed
(Max front/rear downforce figures should not exceed specified range for chosen car- noted in "Eligible Car List")
-Roll Cage must be installed if available.
-Wheels:
*must be BBS RE-CL wheels only
Size: Front-20" standard size/21" standard size Any Color
***Rim "Width" and Rim "Offset" MUST be set to Standard Size
-No Custom Parts Available
-Hood Pin Type B (gray pull tab style)
-Tow Hook Type A
-Headlight: highest available headlight beam (Super Cool 9500k)
-License Plate Type B/Rear Only
-Caliper Color -Driver Choice
-liveries must be rendered to series requirements (See next section, 3.2)

Once your car is built to series requirements, please roll the hp back thru either ecu, power restrictor, or both, as long as you remain at or under the initial 726.00pp regulation. Also, please outfit your car with Race Hard tires until instructed to change tires (if necessary).
Any questions, please feel free to inquire.

1701872489997.png

Event #1, Season Opener
on Friday December 15, 9pm est
at Daytona Road Course under the Lights.

See the link above in the 1st post for series details and how to join us before the season starts.
-(PS5 Users Only)
--(Drivers will be required to submit a time trial for parity leveling and a livery to series requirements before being eligible to race.)

Never too late to Join Us.

Series Announcement

Regarding witnessed improvement on PS4 to PS5 cross platform play in lobbies. SNAIL Sunday Spec racing had a very smooth night with a full 16 car field with drivers on both platforms. This prompted me to see for myself. I reviewed some of their replays from Sunday night, and everything, in fact, did look very good and smooth.
I opened a room this afternoon and had @fruitloop31 join me for a session for a few races knowing he on a PS4. Racing was flawless and smooth as you can see in the stream:

I have officially decided to allow PS4 driver entries for the series, but in a Reserve driver role. All PS4 driver entries will be placed on a PS4 driver roster. These driver may confirm their availability at anytime after the most recent event. This only establishes priority among their PS4 driver pool.

For this season in the Porsche, PS5 Drivers will maintain confirmation and grid priority up to the Thursday before a race night at 5pm est. At that time, if the grid is not full from PS5 driver confirmations, the open positions will be opened to the PS4 driver roster with spots filled in the order that PS4 drivers confirmed available.
PS5 drivers that confirmed outside the first 16 will still maintain reserve priority to bump in. Once all confirmed PS5 players are exhausted, it will then go the PS4 pool for open spots.

As is the case with the PS5 roster, all drivers should be on a hard wired connection and clear their cache before room entry. Any noticeable lag, jittering, screeching will be assessed during the warm up session. If excessive issues are noticed by a number of drivers, and cannot be resolved before the start of qualifying, that driver will be asked to leave if Reserve drivers (PS5 or PS4) are online and ready to race. A psn message invite will be sent for the available reserve to enter the race room.

All PS4 entries will be assessed for network stabiilty and must be approved before final acceptance onto the PS4 reserve roster.

If the inclusion of PS4 drivers proves successful in this capacity, I will be considering opening entries to all drivers for our next series.

PS4 drivers are to follow all sign up instructions and processes as a normal driver. See series link at top of page or below in my signature for series details and sign up process.

Event #1 Race
Replay Broadcasts
Race 1 (Grid set by Qualifying)

Race 2 (Reverse Grid from R1 Results)

See the link in the 1st Post above if interested in joining.

Watkins Glen is up next for Event #2 on January 12th.

Last edited:
Back