New A-spec events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PedanticNerd
  • 27 comments
  • 2,282 views
Messages
286
Messages
DanielT-93 GTP_PedanticNerd
We're all hitting that wall at level 20+, where levelling up becomes practically impossible without the dreaded 3-hour grind on Like the Wind, and at the same time we've been ploughing through the career's somewhat limited range of A-spec events at an alarming rate.
It's already been suggested by many people that more events should be added via DLC, which I'd certainly have to agree with.
So, what new events would you love to see, on what tracks and why?

My suggestion would be a Festival of Speed, and if possible to bring back the Test Course, for some real high-speed runs.

What would you love to see?
 
Credits and Exp awared for online races; I'd rather grind that way.

I only want to 'buy' to stock my garage for online racing.
 
That's a good point actually. I've barely even touched the online mode in GT5 for that very reason. Exp and money for online races would certainly help lengthen the career.
 
I started online the other day for the 1st time. It would be nice to get money for it. But it was pretty fun. Last night I was playing with these guys, they both had mics so I could hear them and it was hilarious. Playing daytona me in my ZR1 and him in a zr1 and another in a bugatti. All the races came down to the last sec. Drafting back and forth trying to come out of the draft right at that last corner at the finish line. We were all within tenths of a sec of each other. That was worth it with no money but still, getting money would help.
 
The special events help a lot. If you are stuck at a level check and see if any are unlocked that you have not ran yet or do not have Gold in. These pay off big in EXP.
 
Special events are great, but you can only get exp from them once. It's a real shame because they're easily the most fun events in the game.
 
now that I have nearly all of the events finished I don't need anymore. It is all about time trialing and beating my friends best times for me. That is where the fun is. Driving the cars I like on the tracks I like without the terrible AI getting in the way.

I fear that if PD are left to their own devices to create download content for new events it will be a bunch of races where 100hp cars are mandatory on autumn ring and SSR5.

why PD insist on giving us 900+ useless cars in these games baffles my mind. all players want are the race cars, Ferrari's and Lambos so why do they give us so many 90hp cars from the 1970s??? please, please PD, no more crappy events in the Vitz or Lopo!!
 
Maybe events with tire wear ? and i think it's crazy i can do the compact car cup with an m3
 
I would love a championchip creator with xp´s and cr´s based on how hard you set it. For example:
3 Races Highspeedring 2 rounds with easy ai = 10.000cr
3 Races Green Hell, Suzuka and circuit de la sarthe 5 rounds and hard ai = 1.000.000
We should also be able to set the cars. This is something I wish we will see but don´t be to optimistic.
 
I think there should be an event for 800 of the cars in the game because half the cars i have i don't use which annoys me because some of these cars i cant even sell. So each car STOCK should have an event thy can enter and still be equally match. You really only race 1 or maybe 2 of the 12 drivers on the track
 
now that I have nearly all of the events finished I don't need anymore. It is all about time trialing and beating my friends best times for me. That is where the fun is. Driving the cars I like on the tracks I like without the terrible AI getting in the way.

I fear that if PD are left to their own devices to create download content for new events it will be a bunch of races where 100hp cars are mandatory on autumn ring and SSR5.

why PD insist on giving us 900+ useless cars in these games baffles my mind. all players want are the race cars, Ferrari's and Lambos so why do they give us so many 90hp cars from the 1970s??? please, please PD, no more crappy events in the Vitz or Lopo!!
Not everyone shares the same opinion. I quite enjoy those 150-300hp range cars in a fairly made race, takes more skill then slamming on the gas and watching as u speed by everyone else in underpowered cars.
 
I am also confused and pretty pissed by the lack of events, but if PD starts charging for event DLC I'll be even more pissed.
 
Maybe events with tire wear ? and i think it's crazy i can do the compact car cup with an m3

whats even crazier is a veyron is considered a european hot hatch:ouch:
 
More track variations in A Spec mode. I'm getting tired of seeing Grand Valley every race and only raced Monaco/London twice at the most through Amatuer > Extreme. Obvously would like to see more events aswell.
 
Yeah, the lack of events is really disturbing. It was puzzling to see that Gt4 had way more and it's not like adding an event takes that much time or effort.
 
Not everyone shares the same opinion. I quite enjoy those 150-300hp range cars in a fairly made race, takes more skill then slamming on the gas and watching as u speed by everyone else in underpowered cars.

Absolutely correct, the 300hp rooms are the best rooms to race. Competition is tight and the variety of cars is amazing. The open rooms have the guys that drive cars because they won them not because they can drive them.

I don't really care about the events for the most part. I beat them anyway. I spend most of my time online where I can't predict which like loco is gonna take. I would have liked to see more tracks added. Real world tracks like Road atlanta, Lime rock, Brands hatch, Watkins Glen and where is the drag track. It sucks that the drag guys have to use a tunnel to mark out a mile and race by the counter over blue-tooth headset. Just my 2 cents but over all I love the game, haven't had a good nights sleep since it came out. I think my girl friend moved out but I didn't check all week lol, just kidding.

Race On
 
I was really surprised one of the American muscle car series didn't have Laguna Seca, Daytona road course, Indy road course, the super speedway layouts for one or both and one other track mixed in. could have extend the series and even had a 5 race championship.

There are also way to many 2 and 3 race series, La Sarthe, Nurburgring GP, Monaco Circuit could be used more. Monza a tleast is used quit a bit.
 
More track variations in A Spec mode. I'm getting tired of seeing Grand Valley every race and only raced Monaco/London twice at the most through Amatuer > Extreme. Obvously would like to see more events aswell.

Thought so too, quite puzzled about the fact that hardly any races took place on Suzuka or Fuji, but more on the 'original' tracks.

Also, severe lack of karting races as well as rally races, one make races, car rivalries such as Ferrari vs. Lamborghini, Subaru vs Mitsubishi...
Easiest part of creating the game but they left it out. :indiff:

A-spec been a snoozefest mostly, until you get to the Extreme or Endurance section.
 
They need to do a few things:
-up the XP/credit reward for endurance
-add more A-spec events
-add a few more special events
 
They need to do a few things:
-up the XP/credit reward for endurance
-add more A-spec events
-add a few more special events


Are we playing the wishing game now?

My wishes.
-leveling be done away with entirely
-licenses necessary to compete
-like 3x more events, where the f are the rally events PD, hmmm?
-multiple prize cars per event
-useful prize cars
-heard you can't pause in 24h le mans, is this true? If so that's absurd.
-revamp the stupid GTLife homescreen, everything's so mashed up and half assed
-test tracks
-revamp online, it's just sad
-just ditch all the gimmicky nonsense, head tracking, 3d, profile etc.
-do this without charging for DLC, 'cause you know, a game with rally cars in it should have rally events, among other things advertised you aholes

/rant
 
i would like to see increments of horsepower events with weight limits
150hp
250hp
350hp
500hp
750hp
900hp
900+hp

also things like a toyota supra event, a nissan skyline event, the lancer vs Subarex showdown
more muscle car events! more events that bring normal cars into the mix not supercars

a MR/FR/4WD under and over 300hp event and a FF under and over 250hp event

some 250-300hp 350-400hp and so on...

and for the love of god fix the bspec lvl25+ prize money!(off topic sorry)
 
Last edited:
With what I have seen so far, I am getting a bad feeling about GT5.

If it turns out that the Game needs DLC to improve it, then it has failed miserably. This is particularly galling after such a long wait. I only say this because I would be unable to take advantage of any DLC due to very poor internet capability. If DLC is the way of the future in order to increase the number of Tracks / Cars / Events, a disc better be available as well or else I will feel discriminated against. If the Game cannot stand on its own as a complete package then I will end up in the same position as for Starcraft ll and receive a substandard experience.
 
It would be nice with a DLC enabling the Ferrari F1 cars to be raced in career, and to make a race with F1 cars only (no, not the Formula Gran Turismo). I'd also like to see DLC bringing One Make races. I know you can do it in Practice mode, but I want it for career, so we are able to earn money in different events. Not to mention a lot more cars would be relevant this way. I just can't understand that they didn't have this in.
 
The special events help a lot. If you are stuck at a level check and see if any are unlocked that you have not ran yet or do not have Gold in. These pay off big in EXP.
Sure does.

At level 21 and approaching 5 million credits and I have not bought anything since my starter car, apart from some dirt and snow tyres for the Rally beginner series. I have not completed any aspec series and not touched bspec, BUT I have fully golded 5 of the Special Events and all of the licenses. I am just picking events where I have won a car to do it (or used my starter Civic).

Your point is taken, there will be the big grind coming up that will really test ones committment to the game but there are rich pickings to be found elsewhere, eg I was getting 15,000 XP per event in advance Rally Special events and tons of credits.

There are certain things about 'the GT way' that I accept and do not mind. Having to buy cars for one-off events and redoing races is perfectly acceptable - there is a lot of fun to be had by redoing events with different cars and setups. BUT, when this becomes too big a chore then you have a problem that really hurts the game, and ultimately will mean many people will stop playing the game altogether - not just GT5 but the GT series. A patch to realign the XP of the upper echelons seems appropriate.
 
Last edited:
Not everyone shares the same opinion. I quite enjoy those 150-300hp range cars in a fairly made race, takes more skill then slamming on the gas and watching as u speed by everyone else in underpowered cars.

I certainly agree with you that the competition is much better in the races with the lower powered cars if you drive like-for-like rather than going in with something overpowered. And I do this as well for the skill required and close racing.

My point was more to do with playing video games for the aspirations and enjoyment of racing dream cars. I take my 250hp car to the track in real life during the summers (1985 Saleen Mustang at Mosport International) and I sit in traffic all morning and evening in a Mazda3 economy car. So why would I want a game where I am forced to race 250hp cars or small economy cars? where is the aspiration and dream fulfillment in that? I want a large selection of exotics, muscle cars and race cars to race on fantastic tracks - things I can't do in real life. But PD have many hundreds of uninspiring economy cars, minivans and SUVs and races with them on simple tracks like Autumn Ring Mini something I am not a fan of - thus I fear additional DL content would be more of the same.


GeeBaby - I agree, online is a different story altogether. The only races I have done online have been with hp limits and this is great IMO.
 
Last edited:
I would also like to see more events. I can't believe we are all so far along with the game. It took me months to get to 50% complete with GT4. Granted I have a family and a career so I only play a few hours a day. The problem with adding events is the percentage complete value. That number is currently based on the amount of events now. What happens when/if they add them? Do our percentages go down or will it now just take longer to increment up the percentage? Will add on content and events not count as part of the percentage complete? Something to think about...
 
No doubt at all that new events has to come, this is becoming stupid.

Another thing about the events is that there should be more restrictions. Too many places it says: No restriction for car use, making in too easy to win that event with a racing car. The endurance races are stupid, as you have acquired a MINOLTA by that time, and the first endurance event all opponents race with cars you could have beaten with your starting car... Come on - 250bhp max wouldn't have been that hard?
 
Back