New Box Design?? / G27

United States
USA
ItsAllAboutWins
I bought a new G27 off amazon in February. It came with the standard box that I had seen on unboxing videos with the green on it. I had some issues with it and had to send it back. 2 weeks later this is what came:

bhadkj.jpg

Looks the same, but on calibration it didn't go crazy fast when going lock to lock. The brake peddle seems stiffer than what the one I sent back was. Also FF seems better. Maybe I had a dud wheel to begin with, but this one feels a lot better.

Anyone else got a G27 in this box?

Edit: now that I think about it. The brake feels like a progressive spring. I may have to pull it out and see.

Last edited:
i seen this box yeah they re did all there box's not too long ago i guess with the Gs-series launch

When i first saw the new box i now don't think there gonna make a new g27 and stick with what they got.

What makes you think they're planning to discontinue the G27?

It has been discontinued (at least in Europe) but it's re-released as part of the new Logitech G series. It's just that somehow it's already available everywhere except Europe... and that kind of pisses me off since Logitech keep saying for weeks and weeks that it's coming "soon", instead of telling what's going on and why it takes so long.

I kind of like that box... To me, it looks way better than the T500-box. Chances are, it's about 10 kilos lighter, too :D.

I was wondering if you could make a video of calibration of the wheel? Did you find out more about the brake pedal and also what issues did you have with the first one you got if you don't mind me asking?

The reason why I ask is my first wheel was a dud, and now my second one FFB has gone really bad. Hopefully if I get a replacement, I can get new design box one.

I was wondering if you could make a video of calibration of the wheel? Did you find out more about the brake pedal and also what issues did you have with the first one you got if you don't mind me asking?

The reason why I ask is my first wheel was a dud, and now my second one FFB has gone really bad. Hopefully if I get a replacement, I can get new design box one.

Yea, I can try to take a video for you with my phone and put it on YouTube, it may be a couple of days. I'm a truck driver and won't be home for 2 more days..

The issue I was having was during calibration, it would pause while starting gt5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aOaYBgvges
That's a video I took of the old one. The quality is poor for some reason after being uploaded directly from my phone.

Now that I have the new one, i noticed that it calibrates noticeably slower and my ffb seems more consistent. I never figured out what was wrong on the pedals of the first one, but the new one has a gradual stiffness, like it has a progressive spring in it and the accelerator feels a little stiffer. The gradual stiffness on the brake pedal isn't game changing, but I could tell a difference. Also, the old one had a deadzone on the brake and gas pedal and the new one didn't. It was such a difference that I had to adjust the pedal mount on my rig because I got used to resting my left foot on the brake to compensate.

Hope that answers your questions and I'll get that video up for you when I get home.

Edit, so ok.

Looks like you just bough new G27, that is called Refreshed. It suppose to have this part number 941-00009X. The old G27 part number was 941-0004X.

This new model had some inside changes, no cosmetic once but internal. 👍

Last edited:
Yea, I can try to take a video for you with my phone and put it on YouTube, it may be a couple of days. I'm a truck driver and won't be home for 2 more days..

The issue I was having was during calibration, it would pause while starting gt5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aOaYBgvges
That's a video I took of the old one. The quality is poor for some reason after being uploaded directly from my phone.

Now that I have the new one, i noticed that it calibrates noticeably slower and my ffb seems more consistent. I never figured out what was wrong on the pedals of the first one, but the new one has a gradual stiffness, like it has a progressive spring in it and the accelerator feels a little stiffer. The gradual stiffness on the brake pedal isn't game changing, but I could tell a difference. Also, the old one had a deadzone on the brake and gas pedal and the new one didn't. It was such a difference that I had to adjust the pedal mount on my rig because I got used to resting my left foot on the brake to compensate.

Hope that answers your questions and I'll get that video up for you when I get home.
That calibration process seems quite normal for Logitech wheels on PS3. The new revision of wheel sounds quite a good improvement. Look forward to seeing the calibration video of the new G27 revision. Thanks in advance, greatly appreciate it.

I can vouch for the new box g27 to have some internal changes one being the calibration is slower and doesn't knock with hitting full lock
Also the ffb is way smoother like a lot there's no felling of the gear drive inside

image.jpg

yes, it seems smoother, but also a bit weaker? the pedals seems firmer and has a spike arrays that hooks onto the floor. Dont remember my old g27 pedalset had them but maybe they had..

One thing is worse though, its the quality of the leather on the wheel itself. the stitching is worse and the leather itself does not sit as good on the wheel as it did on my old g27.

Yes fells a bit weaker in the ffb
The spike the hooks to the carpet has always been on all g27

And yes te leather is differnt and the Stitching is subpar

Holy thread revival Batman!

I got a new G27 with the newer box as well but I think I'll test it after Wednesday. Maybe I'll do a comparison video

Back