New cars via PS2 HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter M5_dude
  • 11 comments
  • 1,830 views
Messages
247
United States
New Orleans, La.
Messages
m3gtrdude
I saw the topic that stated that GT4 is able to be loaded on to the ps2 hard drive, but I also saw one saying that GT4 is on PS2 HD compatible. I was wondering if GT4 is indeed compatible with the HD could there be the possiblity of adding new cars, tracks, etc?
 
M5_dude
I saw the topic that stated that GT4 is able to be loaded on to the ps2 hard drive, but I also saw one saying that GT4 is on PS2 HD compatible. I was wondering if GT4 is indeed compatible with the HD could there be the possiblity of adding new cars, tracks, etc?


Somehow i doubt it, its not the most open-ended game around. PS2 isnt exactly known for actually making use of the HD a lot of the time either.
 
Well that's for the US market. There are more Japanese games that support it.
 
the hd has been phased out, the new pstwo's cant even use it anymore
 
i think its because people like me pirate software :) i bought a 120gb maxtor internal harddrive that connects up to the network adapter perfect. i bought the hdloader disc from www.divineo.com and now my buddy gets ps2 games right off the computer and saves it onto my hardrive. you can even rent a game and save it by using the hdloader disc on the ps2 :o
 
oneflyasianguy
i think its because people like me pirate software :) i bought a 120gb maxtor internal harddrive that connects up to the network adapter perfect. i bought the hdloader disc from www.divineo.com and now my buddy gets ps2 games right off the computer and saves it onto my hardrive. you can even rent a game and save it by using the hdloader disc on the ps2 :o
I think you might want to look up the AUP and TOS.....
 
echy
the hd has been phased out, the new pstwo's cant even use it anymore
Not entirely true. at hack a day he linked to an article on how to hardwire a hdd to a pstwo slimline. It's not perfect yet, but possible.
 
dhwebb
Not entirely true. at hack a day he linked to an article on how to hardwire a hdd to a pstwo slimline. It's not perfect yet, but possible.

Well it seems that with the usb connection and an external hard drive it would be possible. I have an old fat ps2 anyway. But GT4 allows you to have pictures to usb device and print them directly from the ps2 with a printerer hooked up to the usb. I was wondering if any one has saved pictures onto a usb thumb drive, usb external hard drive, or direct usb connection to their computer and have been able to view the pictures take in GT4 on a pc?
 
M5_dude
I was wondering if any one has saved pictures onto a usb thumb drive, usb external hard drive, or direct usb connection to their computer and have been able to view the pictures take in GT4 on a pc?
This has been covered in the photo mode storage options thread. Thumb drives work fine. A hdd should work, I never tested. Direct usb to pc no. Simple rule of thumb, the ps2 just has a generic usb_storage driver like windows and linux. If you plug it into a pc and it uses the generic usb storage driver, chances are the ps2 will also.
 
Back