New CG-fied Nissan Z Video

North Korea
Kijŏng-don
PS1 Memory Card
Has anyone watched this new official Nissan Z video:

*If the video is broken: youtu.be/deHkLcT6J9Q

^ I don't know, but this is too Polyphony Digital for me!
Especially when it comes to its CG luster and graphics! The dead giveaway for me was when the S30 Z when in motion on it's circular loop track.

Has anyone noticed this?

Last edited:
It isn't new per-se, it was shown at a Nissan event a couple of months ago but back then there was only an off-screen recording someone made.

The dead giveaway it isn't Gran Turismo is literally when the car is in motion, which doesn't look realistic at all. None of the physics animations comes close to GT's, the Nissan looks super stiff, lack of proper body roll, weight transfer, reactions over curbs, etc. Plus that whole video production and cuts are amateur compared to PD's trailers.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched this new official Nissan Z video:

*If the video is broken: youtu.be/deHkLcT6J9Q

^ I don't know, but this is too Polyphony Digital for me!
Especially when it comes to its CG luster and graphics! The dead giveaway for me was when the S30 Z when in motion on it's circular loop track.

Has anyone noticed this?

Everything looks flat. Even the subpar fictional tracks in GTSport look far better than this.

The promotional video isn't supposed to be a spectacle of PDs capabilities. It's just a trailer to showcase the Z Proto and it doesn't need to mimic realistic physics or even real environment textures. But the way that it displays the car, the other models shown that are conveniently also available in Gran Turismo, AND the relationship between Nissan and PD, I'd say they did it.

Last edited:
Back