New Computer

• Thread starter edawg456
  • 9 comments
United States
Belfair,Wa
edawg456
edawg456
As you can read from the title, I need some help deciding on which computer I should get. It would be replacing my 10 year old desktop which has been causing me issues. My main use for the new computer would be photoshop and some games. Been looking around on the Internet to see which one would be the best for my needs. I really don't need a extremely powerful rig but one that can run some games on a decent setting. Plus I'm on a budget so I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new pc. Would build one but I just don't have the know how to do it. If you guys and gals could help me decide on what computer I should go with, I would really appreciate it.

Already have keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers. Looking to keep it under $800. Don't need a huge hard drive since I have a external hard drive. As for the processor, atleast an i5.

Last edited:
Something along the lines of this should get you Very High settings on most games. I highly recommend waiting for AMD's new Ryzen processors though, they're supposed to be releasing in early March.

Something along the lines of this should get you Very High settings on most games.
@edawg456 , Looks like a decent build.

However you'd want a CPU cooler (maybe after install it later), and at least 16 GB RAM.

Not sure about the motherboard as i've never heard of it before.

Haha damn it's hard to build a PC on a $800 budget, when the nerd inside of me telling me that all these parts needs upgrading. :dopey:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($188.75 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: *G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($80.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 4GB Red Dragon Video Card ($184.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $803.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-26 19:28 EST-0500

8GB is enough for all games, the only benefit you will see with 16GB is if you like to mutlitask heaviliy. It a SSD since you said you don't need a lot of internal storage, it has a top of the line PSU too.

Back