New controller idea for GT4

• Thread starter FuryX21
  • 0 comments
I'd like to see Polyphony come out with a controller made specific for GT4 but also compatible with other PS2 racing games. It could look like the DS2, but the Analog sticks would have more resistance and a joystick would replace the digital pad. The joystick would be used for a clutch. However, I'm not sure if having the joystick where the digital pad is would be the best position, and I can imagine the problems that would arise while trying to shift and turn at the same time. But I still think Polyphony should at least attempt to incorporate a clutch feature into the GT games. As for the analog sticks, when you push up or down on the control stick, you'd have to push harder to get the car to go full throttle or fully locked braking. I believe this would allow players to be more precise with the throttle/braking control. In addition, I would like to see a "Cruise" button where the "Select" button is. You would be able to apply the desired amount of throttle, then press the "Cruise" button while applying the same amount of pressure and the car will go into cruise control and keep a constant speed. This would work great for the Test Course with cars that drop speeds when you shift up into 6th gear, forcing you to keep the car in 5th at the redline for the max amount of speed. I know the Corvette Z06 is like this when in stock form. If you wanted to end cruise control, you would simply press the "Cruise" button again and throttle control would return to the player.

Back