New controller setup?PS4 

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
i used to have a good setup that worked for me. I got out of playing the game recently and came back.

I tried taking the 488 GT3 around a pretty flat track. I warmed up the tyres, but now I’d be lucky if I completed two corners without spinning the car. It’s odd because I don’t remember the handling being anywhere near this bad.

Have they changed the handling or physics in recent updates or is it just me? Also is there anyone out there with a good, up-to-date controller setup from the most recent version.

One recent change that could be throwing you for a loop is the new opposite lock assist. It took me a bit to get used to it, but it's worth it with how the analog stick steering works in this game. I've also read they tweaked the tire model for GT3s, but I barely ever drive those so I've got nothing else to add on that.

If you're running a tuning setup you saved before, it's also possible your old setup is no good anymore, so I suggest giving loose/stable a try.

My controller settings have not actually changed much since the 2.0 update:
Code:
Steering Sensitivity:   10
Throttle Sensitivity:   45
Brake Sensitivity:      45

Speed Sensitivity:      75
Controller Damping:     85

Driving Assists     (Full)
Anti-Lock Brakes:      LOW
Stability Control:     OFF
Traction Control:      OFF
Opposite Lock:          ON

One recent change that could be throwing you for a loop is the new opposite lock assist. It took me a bit to get used to it, but it's worth it with how the analog stick steering works in this game. I've also read they tweaked the tire model for GT3s, but I barely ever drive those so I've got nothing else to add on that.

If you're running a tuning setup you saved before, it's also possible your old setup is no good anymore, so I suggest giving loose/stable a try.

Code:

Where would I find this “Opposite Lock” setting? Also is there an explanation on what it does exactly?

Where would I find this “Opposite Lock” setting? Also is there an explanation on what it does exactly?
In settings where you select abs, tc & sc, It's actually underneath them 3. You can only select it before entering a race & tbh it's pretty crap. I perform better without it.

@MrWaflz55 -- The opposite lock assist provides some help in controlling oversteer by basically simulating a degree of self-aligning torque in the steering. It changes the way your input works, so you get a little countersteer at the "neutral" position on the analog stick and can manipulate countersteer from that neutral point. It took some adjusting for me to get used to it.

I find it particularly helpful for recovering from just a small kick of the tail end in a car with sensitive steering, because otherwise the countersteer logic in this game can make it difficult to feed just a smidgen of countersteer in a fraction of a second without overdoing it. In that sense, I admit it's a bit of a band-aid for the absence of better analog stick steering.

Thanks for the explanation. I changed the settings like you guys suggested and I adjusted the Ferrari 488 GT3’s downforce to 2 and 9. It handles like a dream now, completely neutral with a tendency of understeer.

Thanks!

Code:

Would you be so kind to share your Deadzones? I tried your settings with the default deadzones and it was a total mess... Then I increased all deadzones to 50 and it became almost driveable. Take into account that I'm just trying the PS4 Demo and come from more than ten years playing Gran Turismo.

I know that it'll be very difficult to match GT's feel (if ever) but I would like to try getting as close as possible... Thanks!

Would you be so kind to share your Deadzones? I tried your settings with the default deadzones and it was a total mess... Then I increased all deadzones to 50 and it became almost driveable. Take into account that I'm just trying the PS4 Demo and come from more than ten years playing Gran Turismo.

I know that it'll be very difficult to match GT's feel (if ever) but I would like to try getting as close as possible... Thanks!
I keep deadzones to a minimum to make full use of each axis, which depends on the tolerances in your controller. My DS4 isn't very worn out, so the deadzones are small:

Steering Deadzone: 5
Throttle Deadzone: 2
Brake Deadzone: 2

I'm well-accustomed to the quick-tapping method that I imagine must be the reason you went with large deadzones, but this game isn't quite designed for that. My settings are dampened enough to allow quick taps for small corrections, but any more Controller Damping or Speed Sensitivity and the steering either becomes too slow to keep up or it doesn't allow enough countersteer to recover from oversteer.

For the best results you need to be more careful with the analog stick than the majority of other racing games. Part of my goal with the settings was to accommodate that method comfortably, and it turned out pretty well -- I just recently completed a two hour Le Mans race in the endurance discipline of the career mode.

For those wanting another set of settings for their DS4, I've been playing around with the controller the last few days, and below are the settings that seem to work well for me. I use the right analogue stick for throttle and brake (up and down) and the left analogue stick for steering (left and right), with R2 and L2 for Shifting up and down. I modify R1 to be be either handbrake (e,g. for RX) or clutch (e.g. standing start GT3 races) depending on the racing I'm doing, but leave auto-clutch to on.

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 40
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 50
Clutch Deadzone: 0 (Not really applicable)
Clutch Sensitivity: 50 (Not really applicable)
Speed Sensitivity: 95
Controller Damping: 75
Controller Vibration: 100
Minimum Shift Time: 0

Driving Assists: Authentic (with buttons mapped to turn ESC and TCS off manually, R3 and L3)
Opposite Lock: Off

Give me some feedback on what you guys think.

On the above, knocked back the speed sensitivity to 90 and think it's better still. Might try backing it off even further until the car's become uncontrollable again. Actually enjoying the game with the pad now, for when I'm not in the mood setting up the steering wheel.

Back