NEW Course maker

  • Thread starter Thread starter KrazyM82
  • 14 comments
  • 941 views
Messages
198
Messages
KrazyM82
What do you think about having the option in course maker to race on any street in any major city in any country in the world?

To challenge your personal friends to a race in or near your home town and say, "race ya to the mall"? or "race ya to the movie theater"?

To have the chance to be called "King of the streets" in your neck of the woods.

All PD would have to do is work with google maps or map quest, and yes it would take time, to create the feature.

Food for thought for Kaz?
 
That seems like a lot work. There are many many streets in the world.
 
That would be an exteremly long task with today's technology. To make a 3D modelled area the size of a city and do that for numerous locations would take years. But if you are talking about a C-Spec course creator then that in theory would be easier with the photomode locations and library of modelled buildings PD have at their disposal.
 
That seems like a lot work. There are many many streets in the world.

Yes, it would take time, but you have to admit it would be fun.
Maybe to start, the major cities and then the surrounding areas later.
 
This is a pipe dream. I'd be happy if we could just specify turns instead of sectors. for example, create a track that has 5 turns. Turn one is right with a radius of X and bank of Y. Turn two is a left with a radius of X and a bank of Y. Then people could create their favorite courses with a close proximity to real life.
 
That would be an exteremly long task with today's technology. To make a 3D modelled area the size of a city and do that for numerous locations would take years. But if you are talking about a C-Spec course creator then that in theory would be easier with the photomode locations and library of modelled buildings PD have at their disposal.


C-Spec or Course maker, which ever then.
 
Even if you could race these Locations, they would just not look right and wouldnt be worth it. Still a wee bit of this kind of thing.
 
This is a pipe dream. I'd be happy if we could just specify turns instead of sectors. for example, create a track that has 5 turns. Turn one is right with a radius of X and bank of Y. Turn two is a left with a radius of X and a bank of Y. Then people could create their favorite courses with a close proximity to real life.

Agreed, the course maker is a BIG letdown. I would have expected more control of the course I wanted to create.
 
Even if you could race these Locations, they would just not look right and wouldn't be worth it. Still a wee bit of this kind of thing.

I wouldn't care if the background didn't look right. I would not expect a high level of building detail.
 
That would no doubt be "cooler" than the current course maker - but I'd much rather have more real world circuits added into the game if I had the choice. 👍
 
I'd like to see a few more tracks from previous GT's like seattle and mid valley i think its called that, the one thats similar to a figure of 8 sort of...
 
I'd like to see a few more tracks from previous GT's like seattle and mid valley i think its called that, the one thats similar to a figure of 8 sort of...

dito.
 
I'd like them tokeep the course designer like it is (random landscapes, Generic scenery) but add a system where we can place points on the map and create corners or straights between these points (within reason) so we could roughly draw out a track we know and GT would attempt a rough generation of it

Not a programmer but with the random system they use now it shouldnt be a lot of extra coding I wouldnt think
 
Considering games like TDU and Midnight Club do the same thing and can only get a few cities on a disk I don't see this as possible.
 
Back