New Driving Force Wheel for GT6 - Your thoughts?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 13 comments

Do you want a new Driving Force Wheel for GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Depends

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I already have a G25/G27/T500 RS and wont get a new wheel

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
GTP_Royalton
Do you want to see one? If so, what do you want out of it? A new steering wheel has been released with new GT games ever since GT3.

My thoughts: The basic model should be around $150. You get an improved wheel over the DFGT thats slightly larger (11.5"), with stronger, more accurate force feedback as well as steel pedals.

But the main difference I would like to see is the option to buy accesories for the wheel.

Want to buy turn signal/headlight switch that attaches to your Driving Force wheel? Or how about a 6 speed H pattern gear shifter and a clutch pedal?

Making those separate would keep the price of the basic unit down while allowing more enthusiast drivers to shell out the extra money for the extra features.

Last edited:
The pedals need an update for sure. The dfgt ones are for all intents and purposes Identical to the driving force pro ones from 10 years ago.

I wouldn't mind them leaving the clutch and the H shifter to the realm of the G series if it meant they could do what the Pro and GT do but with a bit more quality.

I have both the DFGT and G27 - DFGT pluggled into PS2 for retro PS2 games (including our beloved GT4 which I shall always go to - because of the 'missing tracks' :) ) and the G27 is plugged into PS3.

As long as the G27 is compatible with Orbis I'm fine.

A wheel brings home the driving - and if you hook it up in tandem with a controller, cruising both tracks and menus can be quicker.

Lol yea! And an mp3 plug aha

Definitely an asset - if it's piping in engine sounds, too; midnight racing without scaring the mice away.

i have a dfgt and its **** i would like another wheel but dont wanna shop online if you do make a new wheel please make it to be in stores

I'm really annoyed with the DFGT overall - it has good features for the price (the wheel to adjust settings on the fly) but I've never been a fan of the feedback mechanism (had a G25 too, hated its rubbery feel), and the plastic construction is really weak (my 2nd DFGT is almost worn out again). Goes without saying they need to improve the pedals - I rewired my G25 board so it works with the DFGT (gas and brake only).

Once you've spent $300 anyway because the DFGT didn't last (and will have to be replaced again, putting you at $450) you might as well get the more expensive wheel to begin with. Considering the Fanatec CSR Elite next... anyone have one on the PS3 and can give some advice on its feel in GT5?

I've got the T500 with TH8 Shifter and F1 Rim so I'm not to bothered about it. I would say that the DFGT could do with metal pedals as my friends always complaining about them being too 'light'. Also, a larger wheel for it would be better as it's too small in comparison to the T500. (if it's the same size then it certainly feels smaller)

I think Polyphony Digital are done with Logitech.

Although, this idea is a good one. They should get with Thrustmaster and create a wheel that would retail for around $150-200 that comes with a 6/7 speed shifter and clutch.

Maybe call it the T250RS.

I've got the T500 with TH8 Shifter and F1 Rim so I'm not to bothered about it. I would say that the DFGT could do with metal pedals as my friends always complaining about them being too 'light'. Also, a larger wheel for it would be better as it's too small in comparison to the T500. (if it's the same size then it certainly feels smaller)

T500 is 12" in diameter the DFGT is 11" in diameter. Upgrade in size is definitely needed.

GTPorsche
I think Polyphony Digital are done with Logitech.

Although, this idea is a good one. They should get with Thrustmaster and create a wheel that would retail for around $150-200 that comes with a 6/7 speed shifter and clutch.

Maybe call it the T250RS.

I like the idea but I would want things like the 6 speed and clutch sold separately to keep the cost down. $150 for a 12" DFGT2 with steel pedals. $60 more to get the 6-speed and clutch pedal.

The "DFGT2" needs more buttons on it besides the corresponding PS3 buttons so PD can add more controllable features like pit speed limiter or better control of HUD menus

Back