New Fanatec Load Cell Pedal Issue

• Thread starter Hootie
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hoping you can help. I recently took delivery of my new CSL elite bundle with load cell pedal. Pedal set is hard mounted to a track racer 8020 rig, so solid.

Unfortunately I am having issues with the load cell when playing GT sport on PS4. At certain points, mainly during online races, the brake pedal will be stuck slightly on. I can start a race and it is fine, but part way through the on screen brake indicator will be registering 1-10% brake when my foot is nowhere near the pedal. This obviously slows me down massively, and it quite frustrating/disappointing when I spent a lot of money on this kit.

If I unplug the brake wiring from the back of the wheelbase this problem seems to disappear temporarily, but then seems to return at an unpredictable point down the line.

Can anyone give me any advice on how I might be able to sort this issue?

Look forward to hearing your replies.

Kind Regards
James

Last edited:
This might be a silly question, but have you updated all drivers for the wheel, wheel base, and pedals?

Have you calibrated the pedals in GT?

Edit: the drivers released earlier this month mention an update for load cell sensors

Last edited:
This might be a silly question, but have you updated all drivers for the wheel, wheel base, and pedals?

Have you calibrated the pedals in GT?

Edit: the drivers released earlier this month mention an update for load cell sensors

Thanks for your reply. I have not done any of the above. How do I calibrate the pedals in GT?

Sorry, I can't help you there, as I only use a pc for sim-racing now-a-days.

I'm using the dd1, formula le2018 with podium paddles, and csp v3. I just updated my drivers today, as I've been focused on a couple rpg's this month :)

The updated firmware manager makes updating your wheels and pedals rather simple, gives onscreen instructions and everything.

Thanks for your help. As you can probably tell....I am pretty new to this.

No problem! Thankfully there's usually lots of helpful people on this forum! Running into technical problems is fairly standard in the world of sim-racing :D

I guess the one bad thing about our equipment getting better over time is that it makes it slightly more complicated for those who are just starting out. Those of use who started with the DFP/G25, things were pretty simple, plug and play. Now there's firmwares, lots of accessories, etc. But if there's one thing to sacrifice, it'd be complications as long as stuff works great and for a long time.

Here's a video tutorial on calibrating Fanatec pedals, good choice! (not that there is really a 'bad' choice anymore :) )

When you calibrate the brakes, if you like a softer brake like I do, you have a couple options you can either use the tuning menu in your wheel rim to set the BRF to something like 20-40. Or you can set the maximum at a lower level when in the Windows Fanatec software (featured in the video above), GLHF!

Jerome

Plug the pedals into a windows PC and set a small dead zone at the start of the brake travel, I di this on mine as I tend to rest my left foot on the brake pedal. You can do this for the other pedals vis the wheel, just not the brake.

Thanks for your reply. I have not done any of the above. How do I calibrate the pedals in GT?
There are no requirement to calibrate the pedals in GT Sport. The pedals will calibrate automatically, and are fully supported by the game but you must update the wheel base firmware drivers.

Last edited:
I guess the one bad thing about our equipment getting better over time is that it makes it slightly more complicated for those who are just starting out. Those of use who started with the DFP/G25, things were pretty simple, plug and play. Now there's firmwares, lots of accessories, etc. But if there's one thing to sacrifice, it'd be complications as long as stuff works great and for a long time.

Here's a video tutorial on calibrating Fanatec pedals, good choice! (not that there is really a 'bad' choice anymore :) )

When you calibrate the brakes, if you like a softer brake like I do, you have a couple options you can either use the tuning menu in your wheel rim to set the BRF to something like 20-40. Or you can set the maximum at a lower level when in the Windows Fanatec software (featured in the video above), GLHF!

Jerome

Plug the pedals into a windows PC and set a small dead zone at the start of the brake travel, I di this on mine as I tend to rest my left foot on the brake pedal. You can do this for the other pedals vis the wheel, just not the brake.

There are no requirement to calibrate the pedals in GT Sport. The pedals will calibrate automatically, and are fully supported by the game but you must update the wheel base firmware drivers.

Thanks all, I have updated the firmware which hopefully will solve the issue.

Latest Posts

Back