New Forza 3 driver, How has it changed ?

• Thread starter Darkmiss
  • 23 comments
Darkmiss
TK7078
Hello Forza Drivers I'm a brand new Forza 3 driver, and I love it.

I have been a Gran Turismo driver for a very long time, but only recently found Forza due to all the Forza 4 hype.
and that - decent quality wheels for the xbox have only recently been made available by Fanatec.

So after reading so much good stuff about Forza 3 and 4, I Ordered a Fanatec GT2 wheel with the clubsport Pedals and picked up Forza 3 Ultimate collection.

-------------

My question to you Veteran drivers is, how has Forza changed since its very first release..? fill me in on all the changes, good or bad.

How many patches or updates has their been?
What has been added or taken away?
has the graphics been updated or changed in any way since the first release?

They patched a couple of glitches, thats about it.
Its already a finished product.

I'm thinking he's talking about FM1 and not when FM3 first came out to now. At least I think he is. I could be wrong and you right.

Well, since FM1 alot has changed. Better graphics, more options (although some were taken away), upload video from your replays is nice. And ANY replay can be used to do it. A bunch of stuff changed.

FM1:
- 30fps
- damage
- livery editor
- night racing
- 8 cars on track
- online multiplayer
- System Link (LAN play)
- multi-screen (hidden option)
- car clubs
- trainable drivatar ("B-Spec" driver)
- point-to-point tracks
- 231 cars

FM2:
- introduced 60fps 👍
- auction house
- extended livery editor
- 349 cars (including DLC)

FM3:
- no more custom public lobbies
- no more local leaderboards
- no more System Link (LAN play)
- rollover
- cockpit view
- split-screen A.I.
- rewind
- 524 cars (including DLC)

They patched a couple of glitches, thats about it.
Its already a finished product.

FM1:
- 30fps
- damage
- livery editor
- night racing
- online multiplayer
- System Link (LAN play)
- multi-screen (hidden option)
- car clubs
- trainable drivatar ("B-Spec" driver)
- point-to-point tracks
- 231 cars

FM2:
- introduced 60fps 👍
- auction house
- extended livery editor
- 349 cars (including DLC)

FM3:
- no more custom public lobbies
- no more local leaderboards
- no more System Link (LAN play)
- rollover
- cockpit view
- split-screen A.I.
- rewind
- 524 cars (including DLC)

Don't forget uploading of replay clips and pics.
And a plethora of private lobby options

Thank you guys

I'm surprised to find that not many patches have been needed for Forza 3.

But coming from GT5 I cant believe how polished Forza 3 feels compared, and the speed of which each section loads compared to GT5 is amazing.

I know that Forza 3 doesn't have night racing or changing weather, but it has so much more that just feels better.

The slow loading of GT5's menu system was the worst thing for me just ahead of the bad shadows and pixelated haze.

The slow loading of GT5's menu system was the worst thing for me just ahead of the bad shadows and pixelated haze.

I could deal with alot that was wrong in GT5 but these two were like a digital kick in the nuts for my eyeballs.

Pretty sure Kaz said there was a reason for it, but I can't remember what.

I'm sure it's a hardware limitation but for the sake of visual fidelity they should have just left it out. That was truly one of the rare cases where I can say nothing is better than something.

I'm sure it's a hardware limitation but for the sake of visual fidelity they should have just left it out. That was truly one of the rare cases where I can say nothing is better than something.

No shadows? That would be....weird.

Not sure exactly how many patches were released for FM3 but I know it was at least 2 (I think there have been 4 overall, not exactly sure)

Fixes were things like;
money glitches (easy way to make much much money).
Shift animations on most cars (not all).
Transmissions glitches that allowed cars to go much faster then they should have been.

No features that I can think of were added via patchs, just glitches have been fixed.

You missed the biggest 'patch'. The very first one which I think was a few days/week after launch. This patch added the entire cockpit view for Forza 3.

cuco33
You missed the biggest 'patch'. The very first one which I think was a few days/week after launch. This patch added the entire cockpit view for Forza 3.

It was just shifting animations wasn't it?

It was just shifting animations wasn't it?

Maybe it was just the shifting animations. I don't remember since it was awhile ago. All I remember is that I was having loads of fun playing the game and that patch came out being big controversy. I generally don't use cockpit view so I was fine not having it nor shift animations

They also added more grip to the first 10-15 feet of the drag strips in one of the patches. ( which made hardly any difference.)

This is false. When I first bought Forza 3 when it came out, my Xbox 360 had been banned so I had the bare game. All the cars had cockpit view.

This is false. When I first bought Forza 3 when it came out, my Xbox 360 had been banned so I had the bare game. All the cars had cockpit view.

Then it was shift animations that was introduced via patch. I don't recall exactly as it's been awhile and I don't generally use the cockpit view. I just remember the backlash of it either not having cockpit or not having shift animations

Then it was shift animations that was introduced via patch. I don't recall exactly as it's been awhile and I don't generally use the cockpit view. I just remember the backlash of it either not having cockpit or not having shift animations

The patch included shift animations. All cars had cockpits since release. The real controversy was some cockpits instrument display panels were non-functional. Obviously it was something that couldn't be patched in.

Back