New G923 understanding sensitivity

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 3 comments
United States
Illinois
jpine324
ALL- Got a G923 for Christmas. All set up yesterday. I am not sure on all the terminology with the wheel. So i will do my best to describe my feeling.

Starting spinning laps in the gr3 corvette. And then in a kart. Wow what a learning curve when I have raced with a controller for so many years!

Anyways, I felt it most in the kart but when exiting a corner i feel the feedback in the direction I am going, when I go back to straight it is almost like it kicks me back the other direction and it makes me want to spin out.

Do I have the FFB to high? Do I have my sensitivity settings to high?

I hope I explained that well enough to get some understanding of my wheel settings.

I have noticed it is not a true 1-1 feel from a real car to the game. If anyone has some in put on how to make it more life like feeling I am open to suggestions.

ALL- Got a G923 for Christmas. All set up yesterday. I am not sure on all the terminology with the wheel. So i will do my best to describe my feeling.

Starting spinning laps in the gr3 corvette. And then in a kart. Wow what a learning curve when I have raced with a controller for so many years!

Anyways, I felt it most in the kart but when exiting a corner i feel the feedback in the direction I am going, when I go back to straight it is almost like it kicks me back the other direction and it makes me want to spin out.

Do I have the FFB to high? Do I have my sensitivity settings to high?

I hope I explained that well enough to get some understanding of my wheel settings.

I have noticed it is not a true 1-1 feel from a real car to the game. If anyone has some in put on how to make it more life like feeling I am open to suggestions.
If you've never used a wheel before, do not go near a kart. Try something like a GT86 first.

The karts are probably the hardest things in GT Sport to drive with a wheel. You need to sit with your arms locked rigid making the slightest movements possible.

It takes a while to get used to how much movement you should put in with the wheel. Pick a track you like and a Gr.4 cars you're comfortable with and just do some laps. Don't focus on going fast, just focus on getting used to the movements and being consistent. You'll get there eventually.

My advice? Turn on line and cones and markers. Drive the line. Brake at cones, throttle at apex cone. Don’t try to be fast at first, just build that smooth line brake full then come off smoothly as you turn more, then at apex add throttle smooth as you let the wheel unwind.
Rinse repeat.
The line aid will help so much getting a smooth progressive turning action.

Last edited:
Back