New Gaming PC

• Thread starter f1reb1rd
  • 10 comments
Hello, GTPlanet! I'm planning on building a not-so-serious gaming PC. All I plan on using it for now is games that I played when I was younger like Cabela's 4x4 Off Road Adventure 1 & 2. I'm also looking at MotorM4X, and I know my graphics card can run the Cabela's games with 1GB of ram, but I got another GB. Any other suggestions?

(I also plan on running Minecraft)

EDIT: I also don't plan on spending over 50 bucks

You want to build a gaming PC for less than $50? Some details would be good, such as: Minimum software requirements of the games you want to play, spec of the PC you have now... That's about it actually. $50 will get you pretty much nothing though.

You want to build a gaming PC for less than $50? Some details would be good, such as: Minimum software requirements of the games you want to play, spec of the PC you have now... That's about it actually. $50 will get you pretty much nothing though.

No, no. I already have the computer, I'm only willing to spend $50-$75 for upgrades. My friend may have some spare parts that I may be able to use.

Ok well even if you're only upgrading, $50 will get you a RAM upgrade and that's it, I think. But depending on how old you are, games you used to play when you were younger suggests that they won't have particularly high requirements.

And yeah, we need to know what the requirements for the games are too please.

Ok well even if you're only upgrading, $50 will get you a RAM upgrade and that's it, I think. But depending on how old you are, games you used to play when you were younger suggests that they won't have particularly high requirements.

And yeah, we need to know what the requirements for the games are too please.

Im sorry, I really don't know the requirements, but just about any computer will run them. I don't think I'll get a RAM upgrade 1 GB will be pretty good with the Cabela's games, I'm going to check Minecrafts required specs later, but for what I want to use it for, I think I'm good. I guess this thread could be locked

Minecraft is actually quite resource hungry, I had poor frame rates when I played it on my Mac Pro (6GB RAM, a 2.66GHz quad core Nehalem Xeon and a 512MB ATI 4870 (a high end card at the time)). Even now I still get some frame rate drops with a generic 2011 gaming PC (8GB RAM, i5 2500K and a GTX 680).

There are mods you can get that drop certain graphical features and improve the performance but I don't know what they are.

Also download something called CPU-Z and post screenshots of what it says, that'll tell us what your specs are without you having to do much. GPU-Z would be helpful too.

Back