New Gear.Club Contest Will Put One Lucky Player in a Real F1 Car

A free-to-play game hosts an event where "those with more miles under their digital tires" (or with more money to spend) have an advantage towards earning a real-life prize?

Typical.

They held media event yesterday, Yianni won:

Noticed on first event HCDrue finally gave it a go today (He is first on the other two tracks), he will probably be first in all three events soon so I wonder which event he will qualify from? I will try to see if I can beat him but he still is somehow amazing at the start of lap gaining about a tenth or two on simple flat out sections which I can't quite work out how and I'm sure he will hook up amazing laps so he is going to be very hard to beat. I got about a second left to improve and so has my brother.

Gear.Club 370Z.jpg

Reminds me of GT Academy and the Vettel X Challenge events combined having to drive a 370Z and Elise flat out in every corner for two laps. :lol: Incredible that such a simple thing is so hard to pull off, hopefully I manage to make it but competition is strong so going to be hard. Probably more aliens will turn up and veterans of the game are pushing hard too. Find it incredible that my brother and I are the only UK drivers at the moment in the top 30.

Credit to Darren Cox, I think him getting involved has helped bring a lot of events for racing gamers over this decade.
A free-to-play game hosts an event where "those with more miles under their digital tires" (or with more money to spend) have an advantage towards earning a real-life prize?

Typical.
That is typical for paid games too or anything really (Even more so from experience), this is really generous offer by them as they made it easy for beginners to be competitive with the veterans at this game without having to put any money in.

Back