New GPU

• Thread starter hagar147
  • 5 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hi guys, I am strongly considering purchasing a new GPU as with the current one (see signature) I am only able to get 35FPS on Medium settings.
Any suggestions as to which one I should be buying? I have my eyes on the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6G Gaming X+. Will that be sufficient to run the game at 60FPS on triple monitors?

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers!

I have a 1070 and was running it on triples at 60fps with pretty high settings with no problem. So I'd guess you'd be fine but probably couldn't run everything at max settings, but honestly even medium settings look pretty great so that shouldn't be an issue. But, if you have any plans to eventually go VR you might want to step up to at least a 1070.

Hi guys, I am strongly considering purchasing a new GPU as with the current one (see signature) I am only able to get 35FPS on Medium settings.
Any suggestions as to which one I should be buying? I have my eyes on the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6G Gaming X+. Will that be sufficient to run the game at 60FPS on triple monitors?

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers!
Don't think that will be good enough for 3 monitors at 60 fps. Maybe at low settings? I would think you will need at least 1070 at acceptable settings for 3-monitors, but I haven't personally tested it.

Don't think that will be good enough for 3 monitors at 60 fps. Maybe at low settings? I would think you will need at least 1070 at acceptable settings for 3-monitors, but I haven't personally tested it.

I had a 970 before and ran AC in triples with no problems at pretty high settings. My 1070 runs AC with everything at maximum and averages just over 100 fps, it ran triples on PC2 with almost everything at the highest settings and it did fine so I'd guess a 1060 would do fine with medium settings and give a pretty satisfying experience. I think he'd be ok as long as he doesn't expect to run everything at the highest quality, but even at lower settings the game still looks great.

Thanks for the quick response, guys. Very useful to share your experiences with me. Might consider a 1070 if my bank account agrees :-)

Thanks for the quick response, guys. Very useful to share your experiences with me. Might consider a 1070 if my bank account agrees :-)

Definitely recommended if you can afford it. Seems like the 1070 is a fairly good workhorse GPU that should be good for several years or more.

Back