New Guitar Day!!Music 

Messages
1,198
The first ever thread for me, this is my first guitar in 3 years. I graduated from a iBanez GRG 170 DX. It's a iBanez RG550 20th Anniversary edtion.

DSC03003.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03007.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03017.jpg

DSC03009.jpg



I tried it about last week, and i liked it. I guess i finally let gas take over me. The action is great, i got inspected, setup, and restrung for free. It's a great guitar, I'm going to try to keep it as mint as possible. Finally a new guitar! Thanks to my music store, Musicbox.
 
That Floyd looks brutal. It looks like you can bend up 4 steps! 👍 Congrats on your purchase!
 
Nice axe!!!
With that color, it looks LOUD!!
 
^Then who needs frets??!!

Nice geetar! New Guitar Day is my favorite holiday. Unfortunately, it doesn't come around as often as it should :).
 
You read that other thread, didn't you? :D

Awesome guitar, dude! I love the things back in the '80s. I wanted one, but a custom 540 was sweeter. Excellent guitar! And, it's a collectible. Take care of it!

EDIT: This is the guitar I got, but a complete custom made model. This is the same catalog page I ordered from back in '88. Awesome.

540r-radius.jpg
 
Yea you can bend it up 4 steps, some of these guitars before setup, can hit a perfect 5th.

Yeah, one of Vai's guidelines for the JEM was that the G can go up a fifth. But, looking at your avatar, you probably already knew that. I dig the black hardware. Post some clips of you playing it!
 
You read that other thread, didn't you? :D

Awesome guitar, dude! I love the things back in the '80s. I wanted one, but a custom 540 was sweeter. Excellent guitar! And, it's a collectible. Take care of it!

EDIT: This is the guitar I got, but a complete custom made model. This is the same catalog page I ordered from back in '88. Awesome.

540r-radius.jpg


Sick, thats the early version of the JS series.
 
I'm trying to compress my video i want to post, i usually use windows movie maker to compress it, and its compatible with youtube. But for some reason when i import the avi, it only plays 1:40, when the video is at 3:50+ minutes.
 
That is the most awesome guitar I have ever seen. I love yellow guitars. :drool:
 
i have an (epiphone) les paul custom.

large_1.1.1.1.1-6-426.jpg


similar to that one, but mine has emg's.
 
Nice guitar, I've been wanted a vintage RG 550/reissue for the longest time. I envy you.
 
I have to admit that that is a great guitar!
I personally have no love for trems, not even Floyd's finest.
I've not had great luck with them.
If a Strat style Guit ever comes into this house, it must have a stop tailpiece.
 
Back