New guy - is it worth it?

• Thread starter K1NGSM1LL
  • 16 comments
K1NGSM1LL
Alright guys :)

I never really used to be too keen on racing games, (mainly the track ones) but as time has gone on they've sort of grown on me (playing demos like GRID, had Forza (:scared:) on 360 when I had one) and I'm going to get GT5, looks amazing.

I'm going to get it for Christmas I think, but, I really want to play it now, and I was thinking about if I got Prologue for now?

May seem kinda pointless I know, it's just excitement taking over. :drool: It could also get me used to it before I get the full game too I guess.

What do you guys think? :confused:

If it were me I would just rent it and see how I like it. GT5 is not like GRID, that is more of an arcade game while GT5 is more of a simulator. Also keep in mind that a lot of things have changed in GT5, including the physics, don't think of it as a bigger prologue. Either way I hope you like whatever you end up getting, if you can get into it you will have a lot of fun.

If you only going to get GT5 for Xmas and you can get GT5P really cheap then get it. It's still a great little game 👍

Also the discussion has been going on here

If it were me I would just rent it and see how I like it. GT5 is not like GRID, that is more of an arcade game while GT5 is more of a simulator. Also keep in mind that a lot of things have changed in GT5, including the physics, don't think of it as a bigger prologue. Either way I hope you like whatever you end up getting, if you can get into it you will have a lot of fun.
Oh yeah I completely understand that 👍 I wasn't saying they're alike, it's just I was more of a NFS Underground guy :lol: Then the more track like games started to float my boat more, and GT5 looks and sounds great.

And yeah, although I wasn't really into the more driving sim, I really wanted to be. Cause it does look a lot of fun, especially drifting. :bowdown:

If you only going to get GT5 for Xmas and you can get GT5P really cheap then get it. It's still a great little game 👍

Also the discussion has been going on here
Yeah I came across that thread not long whilst surfing. 👍

Thanks for the replies guys. I've seen GT5P pre owned on GAME for a fiver so I think I'm going to get it from there, only a month away but still.

And to think I was considering the £19.99 PSN is charging. Pah! :crazy:

Well, if your only getting GT5 for Christmas then I would pick up Prologue then. It is a great game. But if you were planning on getting GT5 on the 24th with the rest of us then I would just wait.

:lol: I could, but I'm going to get it at Xmas :)

Went into game today and it was £13 pre owned, now on the site the platinum version is sold out. :rolleyes:

So going to order the normal version for a tenner now. 👍

So, I wasn't going to, but I've watched a few videos and it just looks too fun not to. :drool:

I think I'm going to get the Driving Force GT wheel for Xmas as well...

Anyone want to give me any info on this? Thanks. :)

Is there anything you specifically want to know about the DFGT? I have one and it will definitely improve the experience as long as you have something to mount it to. There is a learning curve to it, but it's well worth the money.

I think it's a good call waiting a while to get the wheel though. It would suck to get the wheel and realize that you don't like the game.

Last edited:
Is there anything you specifically want to know about the DFGT? I have one and it will definitely improve the experience as long as you have something to mount it to. There is a learning curve to it, but it's well worth the money.

I think it's a good call waiting a while to get the wheel though. It would suck to get the wheel and realize that you don't like the game.
Not sure really, just...what it's like I guess? I've watched YouTube videos and stuff and it looks and sounds great. Just want to get all the info I can. :)

Yeah I wouldn't doubt it, it looks so fun when you get used to it though.

Yeah I was thinking that too, but then I thought, I had Forza 3 a while ago and it was great, I played the GT5 TT demo and thought it was great too, so I'm liking the racers now..

..and I know myself, if I had a wheel and pedals I'd love it even more. :)

Also, I'm planning to start driving lessons at the start on next year, so maybe playing GT5 with a wheel and pedals a bit before will give me a head start. :lol:

I thought driving for over ten years would help me with a wheel, but that didn't quite work out.;) The biggest difference between the controller and wheel is learning how much throttle to apply. Drifting and catching some slides can be more difficult with how much you have to turn the wheel, so precise throttle application is crucial. Just remember that a wheel isn't needed to have a good time.

Last edited:
:lol:

Yeah, completely understand it'll be take time to get used to, but I'm 100% willing to do it. :)

Yeah, but it'll just make it 20x more fun so I'm down. :sly:

Prologue still hasn't come yet. If it doesn't tomorrow, I'll be getting it on Monday in-store.

Probably along with the DFGT cause I can't wait until Xmas! :)

Ok so I couldn't even wait until Monday :lol: Just got the wheel from Argos and GT5P from a different shop. :)

Got to sort a table to mount the wheel to before I can use it, but will probably just play GT5P with a controller when I can in the meantime, so I'll let you know how I get on when it's all done.

Thanks for the link ^ 👍

Back