New here :) need a little help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Riceball88
  • 18 comments
  • 1,117 views
Messages
10
:) Hi guys, I just picked up GT4 for my ps2 today and I must say that the game is gorgeous, but I was wanting the game to look clearer, so, my question is: Is there a adapter that i can plug the av cords in and into a CRT Computer monitor? I'm sure that will make the game look better but i don't know if there's such a adapter. lol :dopey: Help would be appreciated.
 
ATI TV WONDER USB 2.0

but there is alot of bad reviews on it...

Instant VideoDVX of ADS Tech is USB, but I dont really know it. Search them on Google, choose the one you'll judge appropriate for you.
 
Riceball88
Is there a adapter that i can plug the av cords in and into a CRT Computer monitor? I'm sure that will make the game look better....
No. It makes it look worse. The signal has to go through an adapter or capture card, so it loses quality.
 
Riceball88
:) Hi guys, I just picked up GT4 for my ps2 today and I must say that the game is gorgeous, but I was wanting the game to look clearer...
It looks GREAT on my Mitsubishi 65" HDTV....you need component cables in order to play it at 1080i on an HD(ready)TV as far as I know....and I recommend a surround sound system as well for the best console racing experience to date!
 
TigJackson
It looks GREAT on my Mitsubishi 65" HDTV....you need component cables in order to play it at 1080i on an HD(ready)TV as far as I know....and I recommend a surround sound system as well for the best console racing experience to date!

At least ya whigga got da paper to buy all this... :(
 
daan
No. It makes it look worse. The signal has to go through an adapter or capture card, so it loses quality.

Actually, the usual culprit of a bad/blurry image with a capture card is the usage of the RCA component cable, which is analog. The image seems fine on ordinary TV's because of the way TV's work, but on a computer monitor, the image becomes worse.

The solution to this is the S-Video adaptor for the PS2, which will plug into the S-Video input that any good capture card should have. I haven't tried S-Video myself, but it should look a lot better, because it's a digital signal.
 
Wolfe2x7
The solution to this is the S-Video adaptor for the PS2, which will plug into the S-Video input that any good capture card should have. I haven't tried S-Video myself, but it should look a lot better, because it's a digital signal.
I'm using the S-Video connection on my Radeon 9600XT and it's still not as good as the picture on my TV.
 
DJ-CiviC
At least ya whigga got da paper to buy all this... :(
Hahahehe you're cool now DAWG 👍 :dopey:
 
jedi09
Hahahehe you're cool now DAWG 👍 :dopey:

lol... I was just writing like this for fun.. I dont usually type like that... :scared:
 
What sucks about going to HD is you have to go to the option menu EVERY time you play, it won't remember that you have an HDTV; weird, but DEFINITELY worth it!
 
Wolfe2x7
Actually, the usual culprit of a bad/blurry image with a capture card is the usage of the RCA component cable, which is analog. The image seems fine on ordinary TV's because of the way TV's work, but on a computer monitor, the image becomes worse.

The solution to this is the S-Video adaptor for the PS2, which will plug into the S-Video input that any good capture card should have. I haven't tried S-Video myself, but it should look a lot better, because it's a digital signal.
S-Video is not digital! It's an analogue signal with separate lines for brightness and colour. It does look better than composite, but still far from perfect.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
the Interceptor
S-Video is not digital! It's an analogue signal with separate lines for brightness and colour. It does look better than composite, but still far from perfect.

Regards
the Interceptor

Ah, I see, sorry for the misinformation. That would explain daan's poor picture quality with S-video. :)
 
My dad has an LG 42" Plasma (PAL: if it makes a difference). It's not an HDTV as it's a couple years old and HDTV's were quite pricey back then, though he does have a HDTV Box for regular (not cable) TV. When I tried playing GT3 on it there was a slight lag and the picture quality was quite shocking.

I'm yet to try GT4 since I'm not there much and I always forget to bring 'The Station', and also, I fear it will just be the same as GT3, laggy and with poor picture quality.

Has anyone tried GT4 on an LG 42" Plasma and have any suggestions on what cables to use to get the best picture quality on this screen?


Cheers!
 
how do u set it to progressive scan? btw i only have the standard cables.
 
GangsTaGT
how do u set it to progressive scan? btw i only have the standard cables.

Well, you need to get the correct cables for it and as Tig has already said...

TigJackson
It looks GREAT on my Mitsubishi 65" HDTV....you need component cables in order to play it at 1080i on an HD(ready)TV as far as I know....and I recommend a surround sound system as well for the best console racing experience to date!

After that it's simply an option in the game settings menu.
 
i heard u can also press X and Triangle at startup to set it at progressive scan, anyone know if this works?
 
GangsTaGT
i heard u can also press X and Triangle at startup to set it at progressive scan, anyone know if this works?

Ohh, that would be handy. I'll try that. 👍
 
As Swift said, you must have component cables to be able to use progressive mode. Furthermore, the "X and triangle"-thingy works with many games, but not with GT4. You can only enable the progressive and high definition modes in the options menu.

Regards
the Interceptor
 
on the offchance your still using the cable that came with your PS2, switch it for an RGB scart. cheap, instant result.
 
Back