New HUD Options with Design MOCKS

• Thread starter Kingriad
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
London
Hi Guys,

Like most of you, I've been enjoying my Gran Turismo sport experience. i like almost everything about the game. Well almost everything!. My main beef with the game is the HUD. I understand there is a lot of information the gamer needs to see but its all presented too heavily. i'm very keen on a immersive experience and I find the HUD options too limited. If I turn off the HUD completely, then of course i am fully immersed and the game looks beautiful in all its glory but the game removes EVERYTHING and there is no way to know what lap or position your in.

i'm not the best in expressing myself in words but i sure can illustrate myself with my designs and mocks up :). I have no idea how to get Polyphony's attention but i thought try my luck with your guys here at least.

these are very minor and small adjustments but i believe they will help create immersive experience the current HUD option prevents.

HUD Customization in Main "Options Menu"

gran_turismo_sport_hud_options_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbyib.jpg

HUD Customization screen (adjustment of opacity levels of HUD items)

gran_turismo_sport_hud_customisation_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbysm.jpg

HUD Toggle button (assignment to controller input)

gran_turismo_sport_hud_toggle_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbyw1.jpg

Cockpit View Tilt Option (to tilt drivers eyes up or down)

gran_turismo_sport_cockpit_view_option_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbz0s.jpg

as you can see the extra options i'm proposing are extremely minor in design but could have a positive impact on experience. i'm sure there are others out there who feel the same. Anyhow I hope to hear what you guys think. :)

Hi Guys,

Like most of you, I've been enjoying my Gran Turismo sport experience. i like almost everything about the game. Well almost everything!. My main beef with the game is the HUD. I understand there is a lot of information the gamer needs to see but its all presented too heavily. i'm very keen on a immersive experience and I find the HUD options too limited. If I turn off the HUD completely, then of course i am fully immersed and the game looks beautiful in all its glory but the game removes EVERYTHING and there is no way to know what lap or position your in.

i'm not the best in expressing myself in words but i sure can illustrate myself with my designs and mocks up :). I have no idea how to get Polyphony's attention but i thought try my luck with your guys here at least.

these are very minor and small adjustments but i believe they will help create immersive experience the current HUD option prevents.

HUD Customization in Main "Options Menu"

gran_turismo_sport_hud_options_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbyib.jpg

HUD Customization screen (adjustment of opacity levels of HUD items)

gran_turismo_sport_hud_customisation_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbysm.jpg

HUD Toggle button (assignment to controller input)

gran_turismo_sport_hud_toggle_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbyw1.jpg

Cockpit View Tilt Option (to tilt drivers eyes up or down)

gran_turismo_sport_cockpit_view_option_by_craftyh4nds-dbtbz0s.jpg

as you can see the extra options i'm proposing are extremely minor in design but could have a positive impact on experience. i'm sure there are others out there who feel the same. Anyhow I hope to hear what you guys think. :)

Did you have Twitter account? Would be better to post this directly to Kaz or GT Twitter account imo. Nice work though. Looks fit into the theme of GTS.

Needs options to adjust the height and distance of chase-cam too.
Right now some cars have camera near them, the others are still far away.

Back