New Impressions

  • Thread starter Thread starter AngloAmerican
  • 7 comments
  • 912 views
Messages
453
United States
Douglasville, GA
Messages
angloamerican73
Hey Guys

Well, ive finally gotten the GT5 bug again after a small break from it. I have to say that with the new updates, the game definetly seems to be going in the right direction.

All the small little tweaks sure make it less of a drag to play now. My fav updated part has to be the ability to upgrade car parts from the race menu now, rather than having to back out to the main auto parts section.

With that and some other little things ive noticed, im really impressed with the continuation of GT5. With that said i do have a couple of little things i need clarifaction on.

Does anyone know if any of the last few updates have done something to the graphics/lighting?. I ask because whilst driving it feels as if something has changed visually, though i really cannot put my finger on it. There seems to be more screen tearing as well.

Also has anyone else noticed anything up with the sound?. Im not 100% sure, but to me the cars seem to be sounding more tinny now, and the low end sounds seems to of vanished. Like i said though, that could just be me and my ears i suppose.

I also notice that around the track the shadows seem to be more jaggy than they were before. And they were really bad to me before these updates. That dont really bother me though, as i only notice them during replays really.

I like the online events, as they make the main A Spec seem less of a grind. Off course some will see that as a bad thing, because it does seem much easier now to aquire credits, cars and level up.

All in all im impressed with what PD are doing with GT5, and long may it continue. 👍

AA
 
Hey Guys

Well, ive finally gotten the GT5 bug again after a small break from it. I have to say that with the new updates, the game definetly seems to be going in the right direction.

All the small little tweaks sure make it less of a drag to play now. My fav updated part has to be the ability to upgrade car parts from the race menu now, rather than having to back out to the main auto parts section.

With that and some other little things ive noticed, im really impressed with the continuation of GT5. With that said i do have a couple of little things i need clarifaction on.

Does anyone know if any of the last few updates have done something to the graphics/lighting?. I ask because whilst driving it feels as if something has changed visually, though i really cannot put my finger on it. There seems to be more screen tearing as well.

Also has anyone else noticed anything up with the sound?. Im not 100% sure, but to me the cars seem to be sounding more tinny now, and the low end sounds seems to of vanished. Like i said though, that could just be me and my ears i suppose.

I also notice that around the track the shadows seem to be more jaggy than they were before. And they were really bad to me before these updates. That dont really bother me though, as i only notice them during replays really.

I like the online events, as they make the main A Spec seem less of a grind. Off course some will see that as a bad thing, because it does seem much easier now to aquire credits, cars and level up.

All in all im impressed with what PD are doing with GT5, and long may it continue. 👍

AA

A few of the tracks- Suzuka, for example- look visually different from before the update- the colour/contrast appear to be more vibrant then before.

I haven't notice any difference in the shadows but Daytona, for example, always has a pretty jaggy shadows which has not changed despite the numerous updates.

When it comes to screen tearing- I haven't seen an improvement nor has it gotten worse. Some tracks/races are less prone but when there's numerous cars on the screen on tracks like London or Madrid, the tearing is there. While it's noticeable to me, it still not a distraction. Of course, other people may view it differently.

I noticed a change in the sound/audio when watching the race replay (the external TV-style replay). It doesn't sound as big as it did prior to the update but the sound from the different cars are more discernable. You might want to check your audio setting within the game's option.
 
I noticed a difference in the sound, too. About as much as you noticed, i.e. tinny and missing low-end punch. I'm not sure how much I'm fabricating in my mind, as I have been messing around with engine sounds myself.
 
Monza looks brighter too (or is it just me), like they changed the sky's color or something.
 
A few of the tracks- Suzuka, for example- look visually different from before the update- the colour/contrast appear to be more vibrant then before.

I haven't notice any difference in the shadows but Daytona, for example, always has a pretty jaggy shadows which has not changed despite the numerous updates.

When it comes to screen tearing- I haven't seen an improvement nor has it gotten worse. Some tracks/races are less prone but when there's numerous cars on the screen on tracks like London or Madrid, the tearing is there. While it's noticeable to me, it still not a distraction. Of course, other people may view it differently.

I noticed a change in the sound/audio when watching the race replay (the external TV-style replay). It doesn't sound as big as it did prior to the update but the sound from the different cars are more discernable. You might want to check your audio setting within the game's option.

Regards the audio settings.

I only use 2.1 setup, so i just leave the PS3 on auto sound (via hdmi) and inside the game i set it to the 2 speaker setup, and i use the middle of the three sound options, (small lounge maybe??)

I do notice that the PS3 auto selects the dolby 5.1 option, but playing all my other games sounds fine.

Also the Deep Forest Raceway just seems to look washed out to me, and funky color's under the bridge i think. I cannot remember it looking like this before i started playing GT5 again.

AA
 
Also the Deep Forest Raceway just seems to look washed out to me, and funky color's under the bridge i think. I cannot remember it looking like this before i started playing GT5 again.
You didn't hear? Bad thunderstorm, big flood. Deep Forest was in ruins for almost a month, with parts of the track underwater for almost 6 weeks.....:)
 
I'm glad someone brought this up. GT5 is basically the only game I've been playing since its release, and I've probably sunk more than a hundred hours into the game, so I noticed this right away...

There seems to be way more "pop up" in the foreground since the update. Walls and sings are very blurry until you get extremely close. Small items such as grass and flowers pop up as I'm driving by. It's subtle, but it's definitely noticeable.
 
You didn't hear? Bad thunderstorm, big flood. Deep Forest was in ruins for almost a month, with parts of the track underwater for almost 6 weeks.....:)

Hey, that sounds just like parts of Illinois 👍

Seriously though, the color's just seem off on that track now. Maybe its always been that way, and its been so long since i played the game ive forgotten.

AA
 
Back