New interface?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdelong
  • 11 comments
  • 1,101 views
Messages
38
561066_20040924_screen128.bmp


1- fuel, does this mean we can run out of gas??? do you actually select to refuel when you pit. :sick: (imagine running out of gas all the way accross nurburg half way around to the pits.)

2- what is this, because i really don't know.

3- is this the tach???

4- gear selector???, what is this????

5- hand brake inicator???

any posts answering even one question would be greatly apprieciated. thank you for your time. -mike
 
1.fuel (yeah u can run out of fuel so u have to manage when ur driver comes in!)
for example let´s say one lap on nürb takes 1 and a half of the small blue "boxes"
and u have 3 "boxes" left so u know that u can drive 2 more laps,clear?

2.acceleration(the blue one)braking(the red one)-don´t u know GT4P or the BMW-Demo?->there are such things too!

3.that´s rpm man!...u know 5000rpm/min or 9000rpm per minute!

4.position(on which u want to get!...so it´s an AIM)overtaking comand
easy as that
any questions???.....;>
 
i know that my image host was giving me this smaller picture and i was trying to get a full res shot of it through my web host., but it wasn't co-operating with me.
 
this photo is taken from the new """B-Spec""" mode in which u are not the driver but the team manager!!!....u have to give comands as there were "overtake", "keep cool"or
"drive carefully" , "drive aggressive"--->make pressure! and so on....
 
The top numbers 1-5 are not position, it's an agressive-driving indicator. At Level 1, your driver just takes a nice Sunday drive around the course, slowing down for corners, saving tires, etc. At Level 5, he's driving like me trying to catch first on the last lap. In other words, like a bat out of hell, and tires be damned. There's also an "Overtake" switch that instructs the car to do whatever is necessary to pass the car in front of it, and a "Pit" switch that tells the car to come into the pits the next it passes them.

All of this is native to the B-spec mode where you're controlling an AI driver. The normal driving mode is very similar to what we've seen before, with only the tiny additions of gas/brake indicators and a fuel guage (for races that require it, like the tire guage). And some of it's been slightly rearranged, but otherwise it's the same. Oh, and there's a G-force indicator below the dash that indicates how many lateral G's you're pulling on corners. There are plenty of videos from the BMW demo (right here on GTP) that show what the interface will look like.
 
Jedi2016
...Oh, and there's a G-force indicator below the dash that indicates how many lateral G's you're pulling on corners.

Way cool I think! Didn't really notice that at first...as I was matching that one really cool video of the BMW on Nurburgring <see below>...Damn! Over 9 Minutes to finish one lap! :-)

Jedi2016
..There are plenty of videos from the BMW demo (right here on GTP) that show what the interface will look like.
..
Did I say I really like that video yet? Cuz if I haven't I do and I've already watched it twice before finishing this post! :-)
 
Only twice? hehe. I don't even know how many times I've watched that one.. The 'Ring is the one course I'm most looking forward to driving. :)
 
I hope you realize that that interface is for B-Spec Mode.
 
thank you all for your answers, you helped a lot, i know it's b-spec mode, but it still looks cool some of the features are in the regular mode. i can't wait.
 
Wow, I don't know what the heck, GT-One_Lover is trying to say.
 
Back