New Kaz tweet about DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter OG
  • 29 comments
  • 2,301 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG

Messages
201
Messages
adrenalinfiend
Messages
OGxTR1PL3xOG
Updates coming soon. First bug fixes, feature updates and DLC or the next. Huge studio production distributed systems is difficult than expected. RT @ iwan_gt_celtics: @ I ask you have finished production of his next transfer to Fukuoka and the update Kaz_Yamauchi!
 
Isn't it bug fixes for every update? And Kaz, why so long for DLC?...wondering what 'feature updates' is too.
 
All I care about: is it free or do we have to pay for DLC?
 
I'll pay for it if it's worth it, if it's things we should've gotten when we bought the game originally however...well I'll still pay but don't count on me being happy about it :grumpy:
 
Would like to see cats and camels included and maybe some leash/collar upgrades.
 
DLC is what keeps Forza rolling. New tracks, cars, LEADERBOARDS !! C'mon.
 
OG
Updates coming soon. First bug fixes, feature updates and DLC or the next.

I wonder if these are one update or an update to fix bugs then another later to update features?

Edit: Looks like Shirakawa answered my question in the other thread. First bug fixes, then feature updates.
 
Last edited:
DLC coming soon?
i_came.jpg




Would like to see cats and camels included and maybe some leash/collar upgrades.
What?
 
Last edited:
Makes no sense, whats with you people from Manchester either having crap spelling or just being a bit odd? :dopey:
 
So that little kids wont go around slaming Stealth Cars on a new track in a new seasonal event, wearing a new suit and helm.
 
So that little kids wont go around slaming Stealth Cars on a new track in a new seasonal event, wearing a new suit and helm.

What?
 
How in the world can you say "hopefully" ?? 👎👎:ouch::nervous:

He wants a culture of constant healthy developments to the ecosystem. Good content is not cheap to produce.

Any bug fixes should be free, of course, but the kind of stuff many want, like content, should cost money because we want it to happen throughout the future.

There's a fine line here. EA often sells games with half the content locked so you have to pay DLC fees for it. That's unacceptable. Some games however will give more real content for download if you pay, like Bethesda's DLC of new areas to explore. That latter stuff is valuable to the hardcore fan.

Anyway, end of the day, I do want PD to make money.
 
DLC. Free downloadable content will result in a messed up gt5. Kids will download insanley fast cars, go online and disturbe. Probs new suits, helms and tracks
 
We already have those insanely fast cars and immature kids online, hows DLC going to change that? :S
 
MitchZ06
We already have those insanely fast cars and immature kids online, hows DLC going to change that? :S

This. And most games require you to purchase dlc cars with in game credits anyways.
 
DLC. Free downloadable content will result in a messed up gt5. Kids will download insanley fast cars, go online and disturbe. Probs new suits, helms and tracks

They've been doing that with X2010s. Go to a lobby with "Clean" in its name. Problem solved. :dunce:
 
He wants a culture of constant healthy developments to the ecosystem. Good content is not cheap to produce.

Any bug fixes should be free, of course, but the kind of stuff many want, like content, should cost money because we want it to happen throughout the future.

There's a fine line here. EA often sells games with half the content locked so you have to pay DLC fees for it. That's unacceptable. Some games however will give more real content for download if you pay, like Bethesda's DLC of new areas to explore. That latter stuff is valuable to the hardcore fan.

Anyway, end of the day, I do want PD to make money.

To clarify, here's my stance against DLC I explained in the Yamauchi tweets thread:

I don't have anything ("not much" to tell the truth) against paying reasonably significant amounts of money for large and indivisible GT5 Prologue-sized updates with many different cars, tracks and new features. What I hope is that there won't be single item DLC. For example things like 1 track/5$, 1 car/2$ or similar things. "Convenience" packs (just the thought makes me go rolling on the floor laughing) are a no-no too in my opinon.

If "single item" DLC will be added, then my guess is that the next patch will include them in the game data and DLC will be some sort of unlock codes to be able to use them (otherwise you couldn't join online races with people using them). If "expansion pack"-like DLC will be added, then they will be probably handled like those in famous online MMORPGs.

I fear I will be highly disappointed regarding this, however...

More than DLC per se, I'm against the microtransaction scheme of overpriced single game DLC items that many game companies abuse of. I welcome large (even in price, to some extent) expansion packs instead.

DLC. Free downloadable content will result in a messed up gt5. Kids will download insanley fast cars, go online and disturbe. Probs new suits, helms and tracks

With paid microtransaction DLC it will be more like "kids who don't understand the value of money will buy with their dad's credit cards insanley fast cars DLC, go online and disturb".
 
"More than DLC per se, I'm against the microtransaction scheme of overpriced single game DLC items that many game companies abuse of. I welcome large (even in price, to some extent) expansion packs instead.
"
I agree with you there. And it's funny I missed your sarcasm.

If PD charges a buck per car I think that will be pretty outrageous actually unless it's a particularly special car.

But ten bucks for 200 premiums and a couple of tracks?

It's really a matter of providing real value and not abusing the hardcore fan.
 
I think the feature updates could be stuff like racing modifications and new tracks the dlcs could be the cars for the GT championship (gt1,2,3)
 
10$ for 200 premiums would probably be an unreasonable pricing, but in my opinion an expansion pack with the amount content and the price that the PSN version of GT5 Prologue (spec III) had, would be ok, and I would welcome it very much. Should they offer EA-, Capcom- or Turn10- style microtransaction DLC, I'd deeply hate that.
 
I'm abit mixed about whether DLC should be free or paid
On the free side, look at how everyone moans and complains that their favourite company is charging them for being loyal. Take COD for example, people wonder why every DLC is £15 orso and want free stuff for sticking with the franchise
On the paid side, it tends to separate out those who play games right and for fun, than those who play it because they got it as an unwanted gift or as it was cheap and wanted a platinum. Take Killzone 2, those DLC's really separated out those who love the game and bought the DLC regardless of price, and those who wanted to mess around and teamkill etc.

Yes on my points it goes either way, and you could say I'm talking **** but that's how I feel about DLC and games in general

And yes I have owned every GT, GT and tomb raider were the earliest memories of the first games I played on on the ps1
 
10$ for 200 premiums would probably be an unreasonable pricing, but in my opinion an expansion pack with the amount content and the price that the PSN version of GT5 Prologue (spec III) had, would be ok, and I would welcome it very much. Should they offer EA-, Capcom- or Turn10- style microtransaction DLC, I'd deeply hate that.

Yeah, Turn 10 doesn't respect their customers, and it's very off putting. Their games are fun (though not realistic enough for my taste) but the tiny amount of content they offer for the money is very annoying.

Perhaps you're right I'm asking for too much. I think PD would sell far more if they do go for some huge amount of content at a low price, but I don't know exactly where the sweet spot is.

Like $1 per car could tell 100,0000 and $1 for ten cars could sell two million (so double the money earned). I don't really know the numbers, of course, but I think your price and content level is a fair middle ground.
 
Continue the discussion here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back