New liveries based on local companies..

Netherlands
Utrecht
YukinoSuzuka
Well, as far it isn't possible yet to upload our own decals, this is a thread for the (near) future. But maybe it's a cool idea nonetheless to share it now ;

Local and national companies in your home country could have nice logo's too, nice 'home colours' and such. And maybe we, the GT Planet community, could make a wide arranchement of those 'local heroes' from the real world to realistic liveries like they support the motorsport for years. And maybe it's a cool idea too to share those liveries with the company you've chosen ! So they could have their own print/photo from their racecar in this virtual world.

One example I really want to make ;

BZ-PZ-59-01.jpg

I do have more examples, but like in other threads, it could be classified as spam.

But how awesome it would be to make those liveries and share them with the companies were you get the inspiration from? :cool:
I'm allready gathering logo's and photo's like the truck here to hopefully start designing soon and make the liveries ready for the import and finishing the works.

Also, maybe a good idea, to 'claim' your design ideas and users won't steel your idea ? I don't like the idea you are busy with something cool and another one is more talented and your own work is made useless as soon the copycat uploaded his design.

Maybe it's like that part from GT self I rely on ; True Sportmanship :gtpflag:

So, in that matter, this could be a 'claim and share' board for users from your own country, but also to the others here at GTplanet. And maybe later, when we've plenty of liveries and cars, there could be a series of races (multiclass or one group?) with those cars ?!

Now.. I've a livery to start with... :D

Tonight I made the Polskamp livery on the Toyota FT-1, without the Polskamp-letters, it's easy to see the colour scheme.

But.. My pc-monitor died today and I've to wait till Saturday before sharing this livery-car with you.. :( :(

I was thinking the same thing, create new liveries based on real world company's.
I will watch this thread with great intrest.
Great work Mrtrent love the look.

I was thinking the same thing, create new liveries based on real world company's.
I will watch this thread with great intrest.
Great work Mrtrent love the look.

Thank you. I have a gr3 subaru in the works atm. Im also going to revise the gr4 one and repost it. I'll post on this thread when i share them both if your interested in them.

This is a cool idea OP, One can only see Gulf and Martini liveries so many times before they become a bit stale.

This is one I made during the open beta for a Food stall from Wales I believe.
View attachment 684275
http://www.dirtyfriedchicken.com/

Thanks !! Yeah I'd exactly the same idea + it would surprise you how many cars/liveries are branded with 'local' brands who are expanded their businesses thanks to the partnerships in (motor)sports. From Holland for example the CEO of a supermarket franchise is racing LMP2 in his own sponsored car..

Racing_Team_Nederland_Dallara_P217-1500x900.jpeg

I don't like this livery that much, but it's awesome to see how a typical Dutch brand expanded their name this way.

Finally found some time to make some screencaps and race photo's of my Toyota Ft1 'Polskamp Racing' car (see OP for example I used for this livery) !
I tried to make the letters of the Polskamp logo, but it became a mess and not the result I wanted, so I'll wait untill we can upload our own decals.

Hope you like it ?! Together with this upload to this thread, I'll also share my creation with Polskamp on FB or other social media, very circious what they think of this idea ? :) Stop bragging Yukino, start sharing photo's ;

24220015278_887ed157bb_h.jpg
24220015608_f5b59a7b70_h.jpg

24220015788_3e0d7bc017_h.jpg

38072754171_f242f7db11_h.jpg
24220042808_54436a70d1_h.jpg

38019590356_955df8cf25_h.jpg

38019590286_96ed3b0f32_h.jpg

24220042148_c8e5cc4ae9_h.jpg

38019589796_5268d09807_h.jpg

Try to wake up this thread again !

Soon I'll show a livery I'm creating now this week, hopefully can show you before next weekend ! It's for a local company / Simracing clubhouse ! Expect many car and sim-related stuff on the car :)

Last week I created something funny. I'm a courier-driver and working for a small company in the busy area around Amsterdam. As a courier you drive in a van and sometimes I hope to race with VW Caddy's, Kangoo's and Ducato's. But there isn't any of that... besides the VW Sambabus ! :cool:
Taking my work to seriously, or is it something to share in the You Know You play... thread?
Making my work a hobby or vice versa.. ? You can call it what you want :D

26319128988_917e98d7c9_h.jpg

28411785339_06c098af47_h.jpg

40192041611_1ddb4771cc_h.jpg

Vectorizing the logo wasn't easy to do, I've to simplify the texting under the name to read it easily instead of this clutter. It has to be 'Koerier Internationaal' , Sorry for that ! :rolleyes:

As I've promised, I had liveries to share for this thread.

RacingHub is a small Dutch company where you could race on sim-rigs with triple screen or vr headset. The other two returning companies on each livery, Autocar and GTHQ, have an agreement with RH. Other brands from the gaming industry to make the livery more realistic (+ they've fanatec gear there) :D

All liveries are free to download in GTsport (search on the three brand names you can figure) + the logo is also available for download, curious what other people could create of it.. :)

Mercedes AMG - RacingHub
26430054448_cbaf7d6485_h.jpg

40302229121_e7aa5cd92a_h.jpg

40302229011_14e9bbe5da_h.jpg

Honda NSX
38492853600_e9e2eca118_h.jpg

38492853820_c768d2857a_h.jpg

26430053588_8b3620aaad_h.jpg

Aston Martin
38492854190_cc8d400ec9_h.jpg

38492853270_d56bdcc4f6_h.jpg

40302229981_3b2f9ebe6c_h.jpg

So I had this idea for a set of guidelines that could result in some interesting designs if followed - or at least something new. Here they were:

-The idea is to make a livery based on a real-world company/organization. But that said, the livery would also not be a replica of any existing real-world racing livery, historic or modern. Perhaps look at local companies for inspiration? Even local restaurants could work. You could also use other real-world liveries for inspiration without necessarily copying them, like how Super GT cars can often have various anime series as sponsors. I've seen it for Ika Musume on a Ferrari F430, as well as for a GitS ARISE Porsche 911.

-Ideally, each livery would by default include the standard GT Sport racing sticker, rather than a custom-made one - this is so that if you wanna enter a race where they're forced on, they won't end up covering a part of your design.

-Finally, it would also be ideal if your company of choice isn't necessarily defunct, like Radioshack or Toys R Us - but I'd still love to see what a TRU livery could look like, so give it a swing if you've got an idea.

Here were some ideas to get you going:
-Animation studios, such as Trigger, Madhouse, Ghibli, or Shaft. Maybe tie it in with their newest projects? Sort of like the DarliFra livery I've seen before here.

-Military defense contractors, such as Sukhoi, Dassault, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (parent to Mitsubishi motors), or Electric Boat.

-Other videogame developers/publishers, potentially including designs inspired by their latest games. You could also make liveries based on their systems, like the Nintendo Switch. Or design a livery based on a vehicle from a videogame, as long as there's still the emphasis on that developer/publisher, like a Nintendo livery that features an F-Zero vehicle's livery, or Samus' gunship.

-Local establishments, such as restaurants or various retail stores.

-Taking a company that may have been a sponsor in motorsport before, but not in a long time since - or wasn't the main focus of a certain racing livery's design. Overall, it could benefit from a new design altogether.

-Hotels and theme parks/theme park rides could work, too, like a livery for a Chevrolet vehicle that features Test Track at Walt Disney World, since Chevrolet is the main sponsor of that ride. Or one based on one of the Las Vegas hotels, like a Shelby Cobra livery for Circus Circus.

I've been trying to incorporate Logitech heavily into my liveries for league racing. I treat every car like it's a factory-backed effort so the only sponsor decals it gets are the ones on the game's livery and anything that makes our league run. That means a decal for GTPlanet, Polyphony Digital, PlayStation or PS4, Logitech (as I use a G29), and Turtle Beach as I use a set of their headphones. I like to put a Jalopnik bump somewhere small just for kicks, and I have a decal of my avatar here which is another fun little thing, like how McLarens have a Kiwi somewhere. Oh, I also put that Senna esses white square logo somewhere small and out of the way, the same way Williams always has that decal somewhere on their F1 cars ever since Senna passed.

So with that background info, I use the colors of a main blue with secondary white accents. Logitech's colors include blue so I want to make them my "main" sponsor but have no idea how to go about making a cool pattern or something.

I was about to say but I didn’t want to sound awkward. :D after carefully reading the OP I do believe another thread like this exists.

I do remember back in Nov or so someone made a thread about ‘real world businesses and logos’ being inspiration for the liveries there. Like say a Nike shoe became a livery, a local business (let’s say Papa Joe’s Pizzeria as an example) became a livery etc.
I did try to find it but since I’m not 100% feeling well I’m a little slow these days.

Maybe someone else can shed light onto this.

I actually have a livery that works well here, I think. Two, actually.

Meet Bob. No, not B-Spec Bob :sly: Bob is a driving school in my local area. I actually used them to get my license in record speed :lol:
This is how their cars look like. They use mostly Citroen, but I actually think it looked really good on the Mazda 6/Atenza. The plates speak some truth too; LJ is the "area code" of Tønsberg, Norway in "license plate language". the 88030 part is just a tribute to one of my Primeras of the past. :dopey:

After making this replica of a driving school car I thought to myself; hey. Their logo is actually pretty cool. What if I made them a race car?

-- so I did.

If they became a school for all kinds of licenses, why not use this as their racing school car? All sponsors are Norwegian, and would actually be quite realistic if this car was real.

I plan on showing this to them one day, I just haven't had the courage to do so yet, in case they ask me to take it down.

Shoutout to @BLiTZ, using his fantastic way of showcasing liveries. :gtpflag:

Back