New Livery Editor ?

United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
I was playing around with the livery editor the other day and was a bit surprised of the features that were in FM4 and seem to be missing in FM6. Since I did not buy 5 I do not know what changed there.

For one thing I have not been able to find a way to zoom in and out on the car. Is this an option that I am just not seeing or has this been removed?

In FM4 you could select multiple layers on a car and save them as a group. I have not saw any way to do this in FM6 either. So again is this something they have removed or am I just not doing something right?

The other thing that seems to be missing is the mirror option which allowed you to copy your design from one side of the car to the other.

So it appears that all three of these useful features have been removed or I am missing something.

I was playing around with the livery editor the other day and was a bit surprised of the features that were in FM4 and seem to be missing in FM6. Since I did not buy 5 I do not know what changed there.

For one thing I have not been able to find a way to zoom in and out on the car. Is this an option that I am just not seeing or has this been removed?

In FM4 you could select multiple layers on a car and save them as a group. I have not saw any way to do this in FM6 either. So again is this something they have removed or am I just not doing something right?

The other thing that seems to be missing is the mirror option which allowed you to copy your design from one side of the car to the other.

So it appears that all three of these useful features have been removed or I am missing something.
Those are all still in the game.

The view button is a bit weird to navigate, but you hold in the left stick and push it up or down and it'll zoom in or out. The right stick will pan the car.

To select multiple layers hold the left trigger button. To be able to save them as a group, I'm not entirely sure as I don't dabble in that section, but after you highlight the multiple layers just press A and you should see the options available.

For mirror I believe all you have to do is press A and select copy from right/left side.

All of those are in. :P

Zooming in is the same as FM4 - pushing the stick in (L3?) and then pointing it up or down. That was in FM4, but we have lost the pre-set three zoom levels. It's annoying to do, since you will quite often move a shape while getting out of zoom.

You can still save multiple layers as groups. Highlight the desired ones, then hit A. You'll see the option, I've done it a few times already.

Mirroring is just done the same as before, go to add a new layer on either side and you'll see it as an option.

(EDIT) - ...and Ima has turned me into the redheaded stepchild. Beaten!

Those are all still in the game.

The view button is a bit weird to navigate, but you hold in the left stick and push it up or down and it'll zoom in or out. The right stick will pan the car.

To select multiple layers hold the left trigger button. To be able to save them as a group, I'm not entirely sure as I don't dabble in that section, but after you highlight the multiple layers just press A and you should see the options available.

For mirror I believe all you have to do is press A and select copy from right/left side.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I would never have guessed to move the left stick while pressing it down I think i tried everything but that ;).

The other replies are all correct. All of those features are still in the game. HOWEVER.......if you have certain vinyls on your car, it will not let you save the group. I think they are the manufacture vinyls? Something like that. If those are on your car, you can not create a group. It is pretty much the same vinyl editor since F4, however you now have about 13,000 vinyls per car depending on the car. :eek:

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I would never have guessed to move the left stick while pressing it down I think i tried everything but that ;).
It's a little wonky, but its definitely there. I use it while in paint mode to get close up on the paint.

Yes that has been there since F4 or maybe even F3. It is indeed wonky.
Yeah, but you used to be able to just press it in and it had multiple layers of zoom, even while being able to manually select it.

It has been a while since I used the one in FM4 but I thought that it was press down on the left stick and then zoom in or out with the right stick. I'm not in the game right now so I haven't been able to try it since posting the thread and really did not spend long in it before just did not see those options mentioned and thought maybe they had been removed. I will take a much closer look this evening.

Edit: I just turned on the system, downloaded the update and went into the paint shop and sure enough those features were right there in front of me. No idea why I did not see them before, I guess I was just having one of those days.

Last edited:
Whilst on the subject on the editor and paint jobs... one used to be able to find ALL your created paints for one car via a filter... now it seems one has to run through the whole 400 or however many it is... or am I missing a trick?

Back