new member... new idea???

• Thread starter type_s
  • 9 comments
so here's an idea that i don't think has ever been mentioned... (if it has, forgive me)

what i've read so far leads me to believe that most people like the realism of the game. but what i REALLY want to do is put rally tires on my ruf ctr2 and whip around smokey mountain. how much fun would it be playing with your settings to turn your zonda, and you all know you've got one... ;), into a swiss alps machine?

realistically, i can understand the not being able to put a turbo in my viper. that would involve so much work, it wouldn't really even be a viper anymore when you're done. but putting a new set of tires on? i'm willing to bet, having only done it a couple of times in real life, that i could change any tire on any car in the game myself.

i think that aspect alone would have added quite a few hours of playability to the game.

sound cool?

p.s. - and you thought the vitz race on the test course was bad? wait'll that thing hits the dirt...

Lot's of cars do allow you to put on Rally tires. I even that that the Ruf does as well. (I know for a fact that the GT40 does...)
Try buying Rally tires for the various cars in the shop, and see what happens.

type_s,

First off let me welcome you to GTPlanet! It's good to see freash blood posting thier ideas and opinions.

Secondly, I think the idea's great! I would have really enjoyed takin' a f-1 car with zero ground clearence out for a spin in the dirt with some serious tires!

:cheers:

Originally posted by type_s
so here's an idea that i don't think has ever been mentioned... (if it has, forgive me)

what i've read so far leads me to believe that most people like the realism of the game. but what i REALLY want to do is put rally tires on my ruf ctr2 and whip around smokey mountain. how much fun would it be playing with your settings to turn your zonda, and you all know you've got one... ;), into a swiss alps machine?

realistically, i can understand the not being able to put a turbo in my viper. that would involve so much work, it wouldn't really even be a viper anymore when you're done. but putting a new set of tires on? i'm willing to bet, having only done it a couple of times in real life, that i could change any tire on any car in the game myself.

i think that aspect alone would have added quite a few hours of playability to the game.

sound cool?

p.s. - and you thought the vitz race on the test course was bad? wait'll that thing hits the dirt...
Type S, welcome to GTPlanet! :D

You quoted all that to say Welcome to GTPlanet? Jordan your weird...

Welcome to GTPlanet Type S.
Wouldnt putting dirt tires on every car kinda ruin the realism of Rally?

You can sorta do that with some cars try a 900bhp supra on the dirt

type_S welcome to the forums (ive always wanted to say that)

Originally posted by MistaX
You quoted all that to say Welcome to GTPlanet? Jordan your weird...

Welcome to GTPlanet Type S.
Wouldnt putting dirt tires on every car kinda ruin the realism of Rally?
I did that to infer that I was replying specifically to his post.

thanks for the welcomes...

i don't think it would ruin the realism of rally anymore than the vitz ruins the realism of... well... motoring in general.

there are smaller rallies that go on where people just drive their regular cars through the wilderness. i had a '87 civic wagovan for it until the rear axle rusted off in mid-transit. ouch.

but then i bought a rsx type s... and hence the name!

Back