New Music Awareness ThreadMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Iceman
  • 24 comments
  • 902 views

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
Messages
5,491
United States
Wisconsin, USA
If you just heard a great new band or some fresh music from one of your favorite artists post it here so we can all give it a try. Just heard a new song by Chevelle called Vitamin R and it was great 👍. A new album is due sometime in September I believe.
 
All you Metallica freaks like me Metallica should have a new album sometime next year. YAY. happiness..
 
Theres to much info on my favorite artist. Slayer doing Ozzfest right now and later in the fall they will be doing the Jagermeister Tour.
 
According to Kerry King, Slayer should star working on their new album after all touring has ceased for a while, which looks to be around January.

Also, for any Death Metal fans, anyone who hasn't checked out The Berzerker (Australian Death Metal Band), check them out. They're hitting it big overseas.
 
The new U2 Album was stollen - so we have to wait. How stupid...
rolleyes.gif
*rolleyes*
 
u2 suks, so there is no reason to get alarmed.

Cano
 
If it was stolen, you'll get it sooner. Assuming the guy who stole it put it online in some fashion.

Of course, this is assuming this is not a publicity stunt.
 
Well I don't like U2 either Cano, but I wanted an explanation, I thought it could've been some funny news. But I call that being leaked, not stolen, so that explains the misunderstanding. Continue with the thread topic now. :)
 
You want real death metal? Go get some Deicide. After about 2 songs, the people I play them for usually just explode or have a seizure. It's insane stuff. Hardcore, satanic, death metal at it's finest.
 
Does anyone know if Linkin Park are releasing some new stuff soon?

or Coldplay even?

I wish the Manic st Preachers would do some new stuff :(
 
Kosmik, Deicide are one of my favourite bands at the moment. I have all their albums. Can't pick out the best one!! I didn't like them as Amon in the earlier days though. I wouldn't say it gives people seizures, lol, but it's good metal.
 
@ Lotus 350- I'm pretty sure LP is working on some new stuff at the moment. I don't expect it out for a while though. As for Coldplay, I don't really know.
 
Coldplay Sucks, who cares about them, but LP should be working on a new album. and SOAD is apparently working on a new album! yay
 
Coldplay and LP BOTH suck, (alternative crap)...System of a down is alright....and yea they r about due for a new album....most all the bands i like have broken up or somethin like that lol....my all time fav bands would have to be....Sublime...Alice In Chains...and Nirvana....and none of em are around anymore :grumpy:
 
I don't recall asking you guys what you think of Coldplay and Linkin Park :confused:
 
Junior Brown is releasing a new album on August 24. I might pick it up just for the Foxy Lady cover.

From Amazon.com

If you think Junior had a tendency toward being pretty weird when he was being normal, wait 'til you hear him being weird. With its overabundance of '60s blues-rock guitar gimmicks, his awkwardly Xeroxed Hendrix vocals on "Foxy Lady," the lounge schlock of "You Inspire Me," a pun-filled story song ("Two Rons Don't Make It Right") that's absurd even by his usual standards, and a rampant misogyny that grows tedious even if it's meant to be funny, this album has its share of lapses. But when the man just bears down and plays it right on his guit-steel, as he does on "Hill Country Hot Rod Man" and the Chicago-style "Monkey Wrench Blues," he wipes the slate clean again. Though perhaps a couple notches below his best work, this'll still satisfy Brown's established fans. --John Morthland
 
I cant wait for the new LP! 👍 I also need to get the new Chevelle Album. Vitamin R is good 👍

I heard that the Foo Fighters have recorded 5 hours worth of songs. They will release a 2-disc set eventually.
 
Can't wait for Megadeth's new album "The System will Fail", comes out Sept. 14.
 
I've been wondering when Coldplay would release some new stuff. They have a fair amount of unreleased stuff, but I'm guessing a family life is slowing someone down.

The Used have a new one coming out next Tuesday, and judging from the first single, it should be good. Jimmy Eat World's new one makes it out some time in October. Also, *if* you enjoyed older Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run is an excellent "check-out" band. Two former members (John Nolan and Shaun Cooper), Breaking Pangaea's drummer, and John's sister. They have some quality demos on their site.

Brand New is apparently back in the recording studio, which is always excellent news to me.
 
heres a band you should check out, called Minus the Bear kinda emo/indie style, the cool thing about these is that all of their riffs are tapped, their website has some songs u can listen too 👍
 
everyone should check out Super Joint Ritual (kings of metal)
 
Stratovarius are pretty good. Eagleheart is my particular favourite.

Sorta like Dream Theater, "Power Metal", I think.
 
Back