New opening

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 23 comments
  • 1,571 views
Messages
327
Messages
dazzi45
Hey guys I just wanted to complain about the new opening after you update this is absolutely shocking now my good PAL opening the best of all of them has been replaced by some 20sec clip which makes me angry the old opening is still in the videos but I want my game to open with it can I still change it if i cant I will literaly delete the whole instalation and just leave the stock disc game just to keep the good opening instead of some crap with a pretty much MIDI tune.
 
It's quick and painless while the old one was a whole song that you've seen so many times that you memorized not only the song but the video as well.
 
so that means there is not ONE?, way to change it back, if not cya to this update for me :D.
 
Why are you angy about something that's so small? You can always go to GTTV and watch it there.
 
:tup:HAhahah deleting the whole thing because of a new opening... LOL thats a good one... but if thats what you wanna do then go ahead 👍
 
..mine showed up once then reverted back to original. Heaps better than the old one, it lacked the 'GT-Intro' substance.
 
..mine showed up once then reverted back to original.

Mine did that too, anyone know how to get it back?

The only time it did show the new one was straight after i had got the update while it was still online at my mates place. Now that its back at my place and no longer connected to the net is just plays the old one?
Have i just answered my own question?
 
Mine did that too, anyone know how to get it back?

The only time it did show the new one was straight after i had got the update while it was still online at my mates place. Now that its back at my place and no longer connected to the net is just plays the old one?
Have i just answered my own question?

You probably have.. 👍

Personally it doesn't bother me the old intro isn't there as I turn it off anyway.
 
Hey guys I just wanted to complain about the new opening after you update this is absolutely shocking now my good PAL opening the best of all of them has been replaced by some 20sec clip which makes me angry the old opening is still in the videos but I want my game to open with it can I still change it if i cant I will literaly delete the whole instalation and just leave the stock disc game just to keep the good opening instead of some crap with a pretty much MIDI tune.

Breaking news: The world is coming to an end
 
Am I missing something here because im confused.

Im not sure if everyone is like me but when it comes to videogame intros I tend to watch them for the first few times and then afterwards I instantly press a button to quit out of them so I can start playing the game. As much as I enjoyed the old intro it isn't something I would want to watch every time I play prologue.

Besides all this you can still watch this video if you wish on GTTV so IMO you aren't losing out at all.
 
so that means there is not ONE?, way to change it back, if not cya to this update for me :D.

I would keep playing this game if the new intro featured any other car than the Jag. As it is my decision is simple: I'll never play GT5P again, I'll smash the PS3 against the TV, I'll tear apart my playseat, destroy my steering wheel and ... I think I may even get divorced.

PD, how could you do this to me !!! :D
 
I saw the new intro only once and then my own BMW Z4 was displayed in a dark garage and this was visually stunning. Looked like another background place for menu, but I saw that only once and never again, tweaking options didn't change anything. Anybody knows how to display that dark garage scene again?
 
Dont think much of the new opening, loved the old one so much more, was worth watching from time to time or to show off to freak friends out on how games have evolved.

I now just turn off the open vid and hit the menu that still looks sweeter than ever.
 
I saw the new intro only once and then my own BMW Z4 was displayed in a dark garage and this was visually stunning. Looked like another background place for menu, but I saw that only once and never again, tweaking options didn't change anything. Anybody knows how to display that dark garage scene again?

In my case sometimes I get the old intro, sometimes the new. I guess it's random.
 
Hey guys I just wanted to complain about the new opening after you update this is absolutely shocking now my good PAL opening the best of all of them has been replaced by some 20sec clip which makes me angry the old opening is still in the videos but I want my game to open with it can I still change it if i cant I will literaly delete the whole instalation and just leave the stock disc game just to keep the good opening instead of some crap with a pretty much MIDI tune.

Punctuation is your friend.

There is even key for it on the keyboard, it peacefuly lies in the last row of letter keys, waiting lonely to be used by your respecful fingers.

She is lonely and sad key. Help her to fell usefull, or she will die in pain, loneliness and suffer.
 
Wow, do people care about the movies? I don't get it. I wait to see the first second to make sure the game is loading, then press X to get on to playing.
 
^ +1

It's eye candy to be watched once and then it's just getting in my way of racing.
 
If you really care, eject your disc and put it back in before you play, I believe it will show up the full opening then.
 
I saw the original opening movie once when I first played the game. I've seen the new one once after I updated the game.

I doubt I'll ever watch either of them again since I've never watched any intro movie more than once.
 
Hey guys I just wanted to complain about the new opening after you update this is absolutely shocking now my good PAL opening the best of all of them has been replaced by some 20sec clip which makes me angry the old opening is still in the videos but I want my game to open with it can I still change it if i cant I will literaly delete the whole instalation and just leave the stock disc game just to keep the good opening instead of some crap with a pretty much MIDI tune.


I think if you delete the expansion data and then disable checking for it you should have the old intro back. expansion data is new background scenes and things. If it doesn't work then just download it again, it only takes a few seconds to re-download. Go into options and network. Pretty sure the new intro was downloaded as expansion just after installing the update.
net1bu7.jpg
 
Back