New Pedals, sound clip inside.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pako
  • 6 comments
  • 589 views

Pako

Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,472
United States
NW Montana
Messages
GTP-Pako
Messages
GTP Pako
I recorded this for a friend just for a quick little diddy. All clips were recorded bass -> Pedals -> HPB-1 Pre -> IP112 recorded with a Beta52 at about 6" from the cab. The first clip is clean, the second is the EH English Muff'n and the third is the Full Tone Bass-Drive.

http://media.putfile.com/Clean-English-Muffn-Bass-Drive
If that link doesn't work, here the source file:
http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/26900450956.mov

Personally I think I prefer the live sound of the Muff'n but the recorded sound of the Bass-Drive. Too many other variables to mention, but EQ on the Preamp was flat, bass was basically flat, and tone adjustments on the pedals were to taste.

Here's a picture of the pedals and the settings used for the clip:
attachment.php
 
I can't download it :confused:




Ciao!
 
Why not? It does take a bit at 13mb's.
 
Updated original post with a source file link.
 
That's a pretty nice pedal there. I love the sound of the EH English Muff'n. 👍
 
The blue Full Tone pedal really changes the overall tone of the bass in a way that I really didn't care for. The Muff'm was much more transparent and allowed the original clean tone to still be heard while adding it's own edge to it. The Muff'n can get real nasty to if you crank the gain. Anyways, just wanted to share for any bassists out there looking into some distortion/fuzz pedals.
 
Back