New Physics Model Confirmed For Forza 4! (Also Post Latest Forza News!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 20 comments
United States
Allen, Texas
crispychicken49
crispychicken49
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't.

So we all know (or should) that Forza 4 was working with Pirelli to get the best tire simulation with loss of grip and what not. Now this improves the physics greatly, but doesn't mean an all new physics model.

Well now over at http://www.forzamotorsport.net they have confirmed an all new physics model.

Whether you are a seasoned pro or brand new behind the wheel, challenge and fun is ahead in Forza Motorsport 4. A variety of handling assists lets new racers get up to speed in a flash, and a new physics model lets veteran racers to wring every last bit of performance out of every car in their garage. With a deft balance of approachability and challenge, this is the deepest and most rewarding Forza Motorsport yet.

So, I guess this is what we wanted right? I know its what I've been looking for!

FM3's physics were't as bad as they were often made out to be, so if it is even a, say, 10% improvement, it should be quite good. Really, FM3's physics with a few touches here and there and some of the immersive tricks (head shaking and such) would probably do it for me, so everything else seems like bonus.

Thats exactly what GT5 has ALREADY delivered. (plus much more including weather and night races)

Sorry but I see it the other way, GT5 delivered nothing new, and the 'new' features weren't even fully implemented, and I agree with Luminis, F3's physics were fairly decent and certainly more based on reality than GT5's.

I think if you could combine the car community, roster and paintshop of Forza 3 with Shift 2's in-car racing and night mode it would be something special.

Also combining Autolog with the new rivals mode, cool...

Pretty much. If I wanted to create my 'perfect' game by mixing and matching parts from the exisiting games, most of the game would be based on the Forza franchise, that's for sure.
Now, if T10 copies some of the good stuff (which they're doing, as the Rivals thing is clearly inspired by Autolog) and mixes in some fresh stuff, it'll be quite close to what I want.

FM3's physics were't as bad as they were often made out to be, so if it is even a, say, 10% improvement, it should be quite good. Really, FM3's physics with a few touches here and there and some of the immersive tricks (head shaking and such) would probably do it for me, so everything else seems like bonus.

Well stated. FM3 physics were already excellent. I have no problem with improving them. Maybe they will get them on the level of Race Pro 09. One can dream, can't he? :)

I don't think it's that much of an unrealistic dream. Given that they're already implementing options to ease the game for those who like it that way.

There's one thing they should keep in mind, though: Don't call one 'normal' and one 'elite' or something likee that. People will always complain if they can't be the 'elite' guys, so just name it differently... Maybe 'cool mode' for the assisted mode and 'nerd mode' for the sim one :lol:

I just read a story from a drifting website, the guys play FM3, and were at E3 for FM4 demo, and the way he was talking about the grip physics was intriguing. He said the car reacted (in a good way) much different than he is used to, and that dropping your tires off the track took him a few seconds to get it back on, it actually felt like you were off the track.

Definitely sounds good coming from someone who just got to play the demo, instead of a FM rep.

*edit: I shall link you:: http://omgdrift.com/?p=6018

Last edited:
If true, it does sound promising, to say the least. That's a lot more than what could be gathered from watching shaky videos, captured with crappy handy cams.

The tire physics in Forza 3 has a physics of its own. In Forza 4 its made to the ractions of real life-like.

^Dan said it himself(not exaclty the words but he did say it preety similar. I just forgot the video in which he said it.)

edit:
its also mentioned here!

Last edited:
some people may have noticed the steering aids in FM2/3 that you couldn't turn off which really kills the feel of the car. Well in one of the interviews they showed that you can turn all steering aids off now with "simulation steering" selectable.

So in FM2/3 they would limit the steering to a point where a real driver wont steer any further?(depending on corner and speed ofcourse)

some people may have noticed the steering aids in FM2/3 that you couldn't turn off which really kills the feel of the car. Well in one of the interviews they showed that you can turn all steering aids off now with "simulation steering" selectable.

Barely noticeable with a wheel, and didn't hamper the game.

So in FM2/3 they would limit the steering to a point where a real driver wont steer any further?(depending on corner and speed ofcourse)

Truth. Rest assured in the heat of a race , neck and neck with another driver trying to get that position , fighting for space it didn't do anything to the action.

You know, I really love Forza 3, and if Forza 4 is any better in the physics standpoint, I'll be unbelievably happy. I'm just sad I'll be in Germany for the release, I doubt I'll get to play it.

You know, I really love Forza 3, and if Forza 4 is any better in the physics standpoint, I'll be unbelievably happy. I'm just sad I'll be in Germany for the release, I doubt I'll get to play it.

What do you mean? Just go over to the Fanatec headquarters. Thomas probably has a copy of FM4 as we speak. ;)

What do you mean? Just go over to the Fanatec headquarters. Thomas probably has a copy of FM4 as we speak. ;)

Few copies, and you'll have the abillity to test new wheels :) and make impulsive wheel buying :-). You lucky ......

Yeah I agree it's much better with a wheel, but I use a controller most of the time.

It has the effect of making it too easy to the point of boredom in FM3. In FM2 where the effect was less noticeable the cars felt so much more alive.

For me GT5 is much more satisfying to drive which is the core of the game, therefore i hope FM4 can live up to expectations :)

Back