New player, question about upcoming cups.

• Thread starter Tejneoh
  • 4 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi all,

Im new to GT sport (and the franchise as a whole tbh) but been enjoying it allot.

Seeing the ingame news about the nation / manufacturers cup makes me want to take part in it, so I started training on the first stage circuits. Currently im DR/SR D/S.
Do you recommend new joiners to take part in these cups for fun and the experience or is the level of play so high I wont enjoy myself?

Tej.

Hi all,

Im new to GT sport (and the franchise as a whole tbh) but been enjoying it allot.

Seeing the ingame news about the nation / manufacturers cup makes me want to take part in it, so I started training on the first stage circuits. Currently im DR/SR D/S.
Do you recommend new joiners to take part in these cups for fun and the experience or is the level of play so high I wont enjoy myself?

Tej.

You'll be matched with drivers of similar ranking to you so just jump in and have fun 👍

Hi all,

Tej.
The level is no different from the Daily Races, really. If you're at D/S, you'll primarily be paired with other people who are also at D/S.

The grids are bigger, and the races are at least the same length as Daily Race C, with tyre wear (and mandatory tyres) and fuel consumption usually requiring a pit stop (or two, or three) or fuel management.

Additionally. as @Famine alluded to, make sure you read the race details and know what the mandatory tire compounds are for any given race. The penalty for not using the the required tire has been increased to 60 sec after a bit of a debacle at the end of last season. I'd also recommend reading through the FIA thread leading up race day as some good discussions about race strategy happen there.

Back