New Player, Some Questions

• Thread starter bnsfnut
  • 6 comments
Hey all, I'll be getting a Xbox holiday bundle this year that includes Forza. Sadly it's the essentials eddition, but hopefully I'll be able to get the missing content with DLC. The last console I owned (not including the horrific Wii) was a PS2, so I have a few questions I hope can be answered.

1) What are these "Unicorn" cars I hear so much about?

2) Do car clubs require you to be more than just a "weekend" player?

3) Is there more than one "player profile" (please bear with my PS2 terms, as I've played very little Xbox) because there will be more than one person playing the game.

4) Do you have to have a certain amount of talent to make your own decals/logos to put on your car?

5) In free play mode are you able to choose what cars your opponites are in?

6) Is Xbox live required for online matches?

These are the questions I can think of for now. I may have more as they come to me. Can't wait to get racing :)

1. Rare cars that can't be acquired or earned by normal means. T10 gives them away as rewards for participating in events and other stuff.
  2. You need an XBL Gold subscription to be a club member, otherwise it's up to the club.
  3. Yes but you need a unique XBL account for each profile, if both players want to play online.
  4. Yes and no. The elaborate logos and images you find online are carefully constructed layer-by-layer with basic shapes and patterns. However, you can stick to simpler designs and premade logos if you want to experiment with it yourself.
  5. No. The only way to do that is to create an online multiplayer room and add AI under specific rules. You also can't choose the number of laps in Free Play, except in split-screen.
  6. Xbox Live IS your online access. You can be a free member (Silver), but you have to subscribe (Gold) in order to play online multiplayer. Several features in Forza Motorsport 4 also require a Gold subscription
Welcome to ForzaPlanet! :)

1) They are rare cars given by the developers, usually by tenure, VIP or comps. There may be more ways that I am unaware of though.

2) Being in a club does not require any participation, there are members in our club that I haven't raced with. It is nice to compete against your friends/club in Rivals.

3) Xbox allows you to create a profile, then if you want to play online you can create a gamertag within that profile. The game (Forza) allows split screen, playing together with the same profile/gamertag. Example: You have your profile called 'bnsfnut' which you use to play. If a friend, wife, brother etc decide they want to play Forza or any game, they either can use your profile/gamertag or create their own.

4) If you are not creative, Forza has a storefront where you can purchase (with Forza credits, not real money) liveries, decals etc from other members. Search by gamertag or keyword.

5) In freeplay, the cars are class based and chosen randomly. But if you create a race via an online lobby, there you can get detailed on manufacturer, model, engine placement, drivetrain, year, PI, many other options. To be specific as to choosing what each AI driver will drive, no.

6) Yes, there are 2 options for xbox LIVE. Silver, which is free and limited in what you can do, playing online, storefront are all unavailable with silver. Gold, which is the payed subscription option allows for online play and such.

*When you get your xbox, assuming it will be new, you will create a profile and will be allowed to play online with the Gold perks for 2 weeks or a month, can't remember. Kind of a test to see if Gold is worth the purchase, which is nice.

Silver members can still download and use DLC. In Forza 4 and Horizon, XBL Silver members can also play Rivals mode, where you compete in pseudo-multiplayer time trials against ghosts of your friends, clubmates, or random people. I recommend trying it. 👍

1)
*When you get your xbox, assuming it will be new, you will create a profile and will be allowed to play online with the Gold perks for 2 weeks or a month, can't remember. Kind of a test to see if Gold is worth the purchase, which is nice.

I've just got my x box, and there is indeed a free months trial included.

On a side note, for anyone in the UK looking to renew theirs, ASDA are currently selling the 12 months membership for £30.

Latest Posts

Back