New player

• Thread starter Marts
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Guys, I'm new to ACC, coming from GT7. I've started a new career, so using the Lambo Huracan. I have to complete 2 clean laps. Can someone please tell me what constitutes a clean lap?. Lap 1 was clean. Lap 2 coming out of the chicane at turn 1 in monza, another car hits me up the arse, puts me in the gravel, where Verstappen endud up on top of Hamilton. Still showing as a clean lap. I put 2 wheels on the grass after the 2nd chicane and my clean laps have gone. Any ideas as to why this is please?

Last edited:
Guys, I'm new to ACC, coming from GT7. I've started a new career, so using the Lambo Huracan. I have to complete 2 clean laps. Can someone please tell me what constitutes a clean lap?. Lap 1 was clean. Lap 2 coming out of the chicane at turn 1 in monza, another car hits me up the arse, puts me in the gravel, where Verstappen endud up on top of Hamilton. Still showing as a clean lap. I put 2 wheels on the grass after the 2nd chicane and my clean laps have gone. Any ideas as to why this is please?
I'm in the same boat as you buddy, brought it the other day.
As Gingerbredman said, avoid contact and AI, and stay within track limits....It does seem hit and miss in places, but I found as long as all 4 wheels didn't leave the track, or drive completely into run off areas you're fine.

Last edited:
Being very new to this, can I use a controller or do I have to use a wheel?
Whatever floats your boat man. If you have a wheel, all well and good. You get a better feel, more immersive. If you haven't, a controller will do fine. I'd try to use manual transmission if you can. If not, use Automatic, it's all good.
Use what you have, in whichever way you want. It's your game, matey. Just enjoy it, dude.
Good racing to you..

New as well from GT7. Wanted to try something different and this was on sale on PS4. Is multiplayer good? Do I have to purchase new tracks? And is it best to go through the career to get used to the physics? Sorry for the questions.

I will drop in to levy some advice. I too bought this title on PS4 on launch and running on a 1080p TV. First impression, after getting my wheel settings to my liking, is that it drives very well, but...it looks awful (especially coming from GTSport/GT7). Very grainy and bad frame rate drops. It did get better with updates as I dropped in from time to time...but for the most part I had it shelved. Then I recently purchased a 4k TV. While it still wasn't great, it did look better, and the driving was even better still with less frame rate dropping than I had remembered. And with GT7 having its struggles, I was desperate for something else. Then came the score...finally sourced and purchased my PS5.
COMPLETE GAME CHANGER!!
NO frame rate drops, better multiplayer functionality, and looks a ton better. On PS5, if GT7 is a 10, ACC on PS4 is around a 5. On PS5, ACC is around an 8 (visually in my opinion...not perfect, but still looks good). But, what's sacrificed visually is more than made up for in the driving and racing experience. I host 2 leagues on GT7, one coming to a close at the end of August, the other only 3 events in, and I am struggling now to force myself onto GT7 to practice and host the series. And, as a matter of fact, my GT7 Porsche GT3 Supercup series that is finishing up on GT7 as mentioned above, will be shelved on that title, and I am in the build process of a Porsche Cup Series to start in September on ACC for PS5.
For anyone with ACC who is in the market and plans to purchase a PS5 soon, you have alot to look forward to for ACC, as there is a free game upgrade for PS5 for those who own the ps4 version. In the event you snag one in the near future, have a look at my ACC Porsche series link in my signature below to join us.
Hoping that this title starts to get the recognition it deserves. I know I'm hooked now, and can't put it down.

Last edited:
I will drop in to levy some advice. I too bought this title on PS4 on launch and running on a 1080p TV. First impression, after getting my wheel settings to my liking, is that it drives very well, but...it looks awful (especially coming from GTSport/GT7). Very grainy and bad frame rate drops. It did get better with updates as I dropped in from time to time...but for the most part I had it shelved. Then I recently purchased a 4k TV. While it still wasn't great, it did look better, and the driving was even better still with less frame rate dropping than I had remembered. And with GT7 having its struggles, I was desperate for something else. Then came the score...finally sourced and purchased my PS5.
COMPLETE GAME CHANGER!!
NO frame rate drops, better multiplayer functionality, and looks a ton better. On PS5, if GT7 is a 10, ACC on PS4 is around a 5. On PS5, ACC is around an 8 (visually in my opinion...not perfect, but still looks good). But, what's sacrificed visually is more than made up for in the driving and racing experience. I host 2 leagues on GT7, one coming to a close at the end of August, the other only 3 events in, and I am struggling now to force myself onto GT7 to practice and host the series. And, as a matter of fact, my GT7 Porsche GT3 Supercup series that is finishing up on GT7 as mentioned above, will be shelved on that title, and I am in the build process of a Porsche Cup Series to start in September on ACC for PS5.
For anyone with ACC who is in the market and plans to purchase a PS5 soon, you have alot to look forward to for ACC, as there is a free game upgrade for PS5 for those who own the ps4 version. In the event you snag one in the near future, have a look at my ACC Porsche series link in my signature below to join us.
Hoping that this title starts to get the recognition it deserves. I know I'm hooked now, and can't put it down.
This is so very well written. I wholeheartedly agree with every word.

I shelved ACC and thought gt7 would be the panacea of racing games. I don't hate it. But, there's a high boredom factor with it.

It forced me to redownload ACC for my PS5 and with the latest update it is sublime, the best console racer I've played since PC2. It is so raw and so visceral and gives you such a feeling of satisfaction that it makes it really hard to play anything else.

I'm an average racer but an extremely clean one so hit me up when you're ready to start your ACC League.

Agree with the above. I was trying to explain this to someone the other day, and the best word I could use was raw - just the pure sound in the Bentley Continental GT, the track feel, the sense of adrenaline when you are at the limit of your ability but manage to keep it on the track. I love it.

I'd say I was probably below average, new to ACC, but definitely clean...or at least, I have no bad intention not to be clean..minus the occasional back end nudge....if that cuts the mustard for your league...would love to join in, as I am struggling to find good games to play with my current ratings.

Last edited:
It is my favorite racing game. However, the multiplayer seem pretty dead. There is only 100 players online. And I don’t understand all of the customisation.

Back