New PMC Comp.!! Theme You Have The Most Interest In! Hurry Vote Now!!

• Thread starter GrumpEone
  • 70 comments

Please vote for any theme you have interest in, but only 1 of the last 5 (**).

• Total voters
Next time though, you may want to try spelling good old Al's name right.

Einstein, there you happy? Now your best arguement is a typo, very sad.

Slip - that was a cheap shot!
----------------------------------------------------
And, this is all counterproductive. I know you have an extensive and truly
professional Gallery Slip. My hat is off to you for that -

BTW thanks for your reply regarding 3 VS 1 submissions. That too is merely an option. A contestant may wish to submit 1 or 3 or whatever - it's up to them. For now its just an IDEA. One that was derived from actual photo comp practices. FOR $.

I agree, personally I would rather enter more than three shots, but that is probably would not work well, 3 would probably be the most.

This poll started off well, with an excellent ideas session with [es], hopfully we will have more of these in the future. IDEAS - That is what I'm looking for here.

Bah!!!! :eek: :indiff:

Never mind what I said GrumpEone, its just an "honest opinion". If you do considered it to be useless, thats fine. I mean you know you said "I am not inclined to listen to what a 16 year old", so then, why did you listen to LdS? (he's 16 as well) But whatever, that not entirely my point.

The thing is, when looking at your first post, this come up into my mind:
I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of interest in PMC Competitions, with some new-comers like myself and RedHawk. And thanks to LdS' Artistic Competition, I see there is a lot of interest in a less restrictive Comp Format. So I have come up with a few ideas, toward a less restrictive than [2.0] competitions. I am still coming-up-with/ pondering a list of which tools/ filters can be used, but I may go with no restrictions except that all the elements in the photos are from GT4 PhotoMode.
Since when? I have been here long enough to understand how the comps has been running and why the newer comps just don't last. The current format is as good as it will ever be. 👍 All of your suggestions can be accepted, but its definitely been done before, but how long will it last? Okay, if your still want to open a new comp, go ahead. I dare you to!!!!!! See how the comp turns out. If nobody enters or like you say, people would have more interest in GT4. Then you might just know where the interest is.

Okay, I just read your comments with Slipz and I think Slipz has covered pretty much everything you need to know about the PMC. He has lots experience running comps and has won several comps as well. He's been here long enough to see the rise and fall of this sub-forum, so you don't need to argue on how should a comp be running. But thats pretty much to you on how you see things. You say you are 32, but your replies seems like a 13 year old. (and i'm not making that up, its my opinion you know)

Now now, before you start replying to my statement, I can pretty much say I just type on how i see things and how I feel like and how my brain reacts to things. So if you do get offended by it, again I apologize. Its not an insult, its an opinion on things.....
(oh yeah, I have autism. Does that help your reply?)

Bah!!!! :eek: :indiff:

Never mind what I said GrumpEone, its just an "honest opinion". If you do considered it to be useless, thats fine. I mean you know you said "I am not inclined to listen to what a 16 year old", so then, why did you listen to LdS? (he's 16 as well) But whatever, that not entirely my point.
I am not inclined to listen to what a 16 year old tells me to do with my time, and LdS didn't tell me what to do with my time. I am more than happy to listen to suggestions, comments, and opinions from anyone, regardless of age. You expressed your opinion, and I accept it as that, your opinion; just as Slipz and the others who voiced thier opinions, I too accept them as just that, thier opinions. Then I tried to acknowledge those opinions, point by point, by voiceing my opinions, and whenever two opinions are not in-line, there may be arguments. I understood this when I posted this poll.

Also if I offended you with my comments, I apologize. Not to put a damper on the apology, but you brought up age first, directed at me, so you opened that door.

...I have been here long enough to understand how the comps has been running and why the newer comps just don't last. The current format is as good as it will ever be. 👍 All of your suggestions can be accepted, but its definitely been done before, but how long will it last? Okay, if your still want to open a new comp, go ahead. I dare you to!!!!!! See how the comp turns out. If nobody enters or like you say, people would have more interest in GT4. Then you might just know where the interest is.

Why do newer comps not last, but the old last?? I will not start a half-a$$ed comp, just on a dare, every process would have to be tailored to fit what the majority of the ppl (who enter comps) like or want in a competition. Not saying the current format is not good, but it can be tweaked here and there, not in an effort to "have my own competition", but in an effort to enhance the enjoyment level of all those who enter these comps. That is why I started this poll, to get suggestions on what people like and don't like about the current comps, and to see where the interest lies. I was hoping this thread would keep going as it started, as kind of a brainstorming session. Have you ever been in a brainstorming session, where many people are all discussing and throwing out ideas, regardless how stupid the ideas, and the majority of the ideas get scrapped, but the good ideas get kept. Not to mention sometimes a dumb idea, triggers a good idea, and that good idea, leads to a better idea, and so on. After all, it is much easier for a group of ppl, to pile ideas on top of ideas, to achieve far better results, than one person coming up with ideas by himself.

Okay, I just read your comments with Slipz and I think Slipz has covered pretty much everything you need to know about the PMC. He has lots experience running comps and has won several comps as well. He's been here long enough to see the rise and fall of this sub-forum, so you don't need to argue on how should a comp be running. But thats pretty much to you on how you see things.

My discussions with Slipz, has yielded many positive points of feedback, enlightening me on the current comps and how they run; amongst our bickering, he did make some good points. As well as [empty space], LdS, MiniCooper120, Redhawk, Swiss Legend, yourself and others, have expressed thier opinions, and they made good points too. I have almost 3 pages of ideas, suggestions, comments, and scrapped ideas/ rules out of this thread already.

You say you are 32, but your replies seems like a 13 year old. (and i'm not making that up, its my opinion you know)

lol... You are more than welcome to your opinion.

Now now, before you start replying to my statement, I can pretty much say I just type on how i see things and how I feel like and how my brain reacts to things. So if you do get offended by it, again I apologize. Its not an insult, its an opinion on things.....
(oh yeah, I have autism. Does that help your reply?)

Of course I would reply to your message, I try and acknowledge all of the questions asked of me, and statements made about or to me.
And no, don't worry, your comments have not offended me in any way.
You are Autistic, are you really?? Well let me say from your posts, I see you as an emtremely functional Autistic. I had a roommate with autisim once, and he was excellent worker, when he was in a routine, but his autism really affected his reading and writing abilities, and affected everything whenever his routine was broken. That is why I say you are extremely functional, and I wish you the best of luck.

:lol: i love how you guys are quoting sentence by sentence for each person with all those posts, it seems like they're all reverting to the same first topic again and again. just kidding. i would suggest maybe introducing rain and/or fire and smoke effects for the 2.0. well not exactly those, but my point is maybe we could add a bit of slack in the 2.0 bracket to allow a bit more creativity and a bit of different look with the entries received, but yet keeping a good set of rules so it does not go overboard with the effects ? im having a hard time explaining this, but i hope slip gets my point somehow. remember the wheel resizing issues ? that sort of thing.

:lol: i love how you guys are quoting sentence by sentence for each person with all those posts, it seems like they're all reverting to the same first topic again and again. just kidding. i would suggest maybe introducing rain and/or fire and smoke effects for the 2.0. well not exactly those, but my point is maybe we could add a bit of slack in the 2.0 bracket to allow a bit more creativity and a bit of different look with the entries received, but yet keeping a good set of rules so it does not go overboard with the effects ? im having a hard time explaining this, but i hope slip gets my point somehow. remember the wheel resizing issues ? that sort of thing.

Good Idea, I like it. I think those effects would work well with a Crash competition, to where you can add fire effects, along with maybe flying chucks of car and stuff like that.

Also, I recently was talking with Melaneimoon, and he has a good idea. What do you all think about having a Animation Gallery/ competition, where the entries are voted on every month, or maybe every 10 entries. The idea needs a little brainstorming, to hammer out some rules.

PS-thanks for the post, I thought the thread was dead.

Need more suggestions ppl, let's go outside-the-box!!!

Not DEAD! Page=???

q106qn1.jpg

GOOD WORK!

Working on gal update! Scenery Comp WK#1 looking good huh?
I lost all GT4 data so starting from ZERO % but lotsa fun!

Working on gal update! Scenery Comp WK#1 looking good huh?
I lost all GT4 data so starting from ZERO % but lotsa fun!

The Scenery Comp started out with a better response than I expected, two week deadline, and more than an entry per day average. I hope it doesn't burn out quickly..

Latest Posts

Back