New PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter KonaC0ffee
  • 8 comments
  • 1,001 views
Messages
24
United States
Boise Idaho
Greetings,
I just ordered a new PS3. Been having trouble with my old one. I've been saving the data to an external Hard Disk Drive and a Thumb Drive. Will I be able to load the saved GT6 data to the new PS3? I've seen lots of posts about using an ethernet cable. What works best/easiest.

And as usual....thanks in advance for all responses.

Kona
 
I have only backed up/restored my ps3 for a hard drive upgrade. I used an external usb2.0 hard drive and backed up the system. It dose work for saving all your save games but it will take what seems like FOREVER. I deleted everything that i didnt need before starting the process and it was still over a 6hr ordeal.
Good luck.
 
Greetings,
I just ordered a new PS3. Been having trouble with my old one. I've been saving the data to an external Hard Disk Drive and a Thumb Drive. Will I be able to load the saved GT6 data to the new PS3? I've seen lots of posts about using an ethernet cable. What works best/easiest.

And as usual....thanks in advance for all responses.

Kona

Save your backup Gran Turismo 6 data onto an external USB device. You will be able to use your data on the new PS3, by copying your own PSN (with your old PSN userdata and logon online) When that's ok, copy the data on the new PS3, and you can play again. The Gran Turismo 6 data is PSN user dependent, remember that.
 
I have only backed up/restored my ps3 for a hard drive upgrade. I used an external usb2.0 hard drive and backed up the system. It dose work for saving all your save games but it will take what seems like FOREVER. I deleted everything that i didnt need before starting the process and it was still over a 6hr ordeal.
Good luck.

6 hours!? My last PS3 got the ylod but I got it working using the heatgun solution.

Copying my ~80 different gamesaves to usb took about an hour and a half. Some of the saves I uploaded to the cloud tho since they were "locked to system" saves.
 
Greetings,
Well it worked. With the new PS3, I received one year membership on PSN. That backup worked great.

Thanks again.
Kona
 
I tried connecting an external HDD, but neither PS3 seems to recognize it. Is there something I need to do?
 
I tried connecting an external HDD, but neither PS3 seems to recognize it. Is there something I need to do?

If the external drive is intended to be used to backup your PS3, it must be formatted as FAT32. To do this on a Mac, use the OS X utility called "Disk Utility". On a Windows system, I think you have to acquire a third party utility. I'm told there are several free ones.

I'm thinking that your PS3s don't see the HDD because it's in a format they don't understand.
 
If the external drive is intended to be used to backup your PS3, it must be formatted as FAT32. To do this on a Mac, use the OS X utility called "Disk Utility". On a Windows system, I think you have to acquire a third party utility. I'm told there are several free ones.

I'm thinking that your PS3s don't see the HDD because it's in a format they don't understand.

windows since 98 can format external/internal drives with fat/fat32 with no problem with its build in tools.

saved my data this way to upgrade to an SSD drive for gt5/gt6.
 
Back