New racer struggle

• Thread starter Simmy 1
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys
I am completely new to sim racing. I have an xbox series x, Logitech G293. I have looked at a few GP games. However, I don't want to manage a team, I don't want to manage a budget and I don't want competitive racing at the moment. I appreciate that some would argue that getting better is the whole point, which may be valid further down the line.
Even Assetto Corsa makes you start with Fiat 500's as far as I can see.
Would you be able to recommend any games where you can just get into a decent car and just have fun driving? Would the Assetto Corsa Competizione allow you to just drive, I don't mind coming last for a few months!
I just feel a bit daunted by the whole thing at the moment.
Much appreciated.

Hi guys
I am completely new to sim racing. I have an xbox series x, Logitech G293. I have looked at a few GP games. However, I don't want to manage a team, I don't want to manage a budget and I don't want competitive racing at the moment. I appreciate that some would argue that getting better is the whole point, which may be valid further down the line.
Even Assetto Corsa makes you start with Fiat 500's as far as I can see.
Would you be able to recommend any games where you can just get into a decent car and just have fun driving? Would the Assetto Corsa Competizione allow you to just drive, I don't mind coming last for a few months!
I just feel a bit daunted by the whole thing at the moment.
Much appreciated.

Both Assetto Corsas let you do that. Race weekend is particularly useful as can just drive whole tge AI do their own thing and you can just race against what ever AI is out on track while you're out. It's good fun.

Back