New record lap time on The 'Ring

• Thread starter Bam
  • 2 comments

Bam

Attention!!! The Radical SR3 Turbo, previous lap record holder for the 'Ring was beaten recently by the Donkervoort D8 RS - 7:18:01 (one second faster than the Radical). I don't know much about the Donkervoort apart from that it sounds dutch, runs on a tuned 1.8 Audi TT engine and is quite an ugly car. It is also not really a 'true road car', along with the Radical, as the magazine states... therefore "...the Porsche Carrera GT is the current record holder, having posted a lap of 7:32:44..." - EVO August 2005

My bad: i didn't even see that this was already posted 2 whole days ago (am i dumb or what...) how do i delete this thread?

Actually, I'm not sure if this has been posted already. I know the Carerra GT's lap is old news here, but the Donkervoort's lap certainly is news to me. 7'18 is incredibly fast, considering the overall lap record is 6'26 set by Stefan Bellof in a Porsche Le Mans car (I can't remember what particular model it was; althought the lap was driven in 1982 I believe).

*EDIT* Oops, just saw the other thread in the cars in general forum.

yeah haha...in my haste i went straight here and posted a thread without even checking whether or not someone else had already posted it...i'd been looking in corner shops for EVO everyday and i only just found it so i sort of assumed that no one else would have this posted yet...

Back