new season, same old game

• Thread starter shoemaker
  • 3 comments
England
sheffield
I love f1 and i would like to say i love the games, but i cant, F1 2010 was great cos it was the first game released by cm and was a breath of fresh air, 2011 was tweaked with improvements (safety car). it seems now that nothing really changes apart from maybe an extra track or so.whilst the game claims to be a sim, it isnt at all, its arcade racing.there is no depth to the career mode, its very dull and boring.the graphics are ok i suppose, but next to gt5 they are rubbish. my point/gripe is, we are expected to fork out 40 quid for a game that in 3 months time (end of f1 season) is out of date.it needs to be released near the start, not near the end of season, and the amount of money cm generate from f1 and dirt etc, they could give us a game which graphically (1080p) stands up to the likes of gt5 or forza. i just cannot justify spending the cash on what is pretty much the same game as the year before

You can make the same argument with any game. Call of Duty has been the same game since modern warfare 1. Gran turismo has been the same since 3. Dirt has been the same since 2.

I would say that there was a noticable improvement in physics between 2011 and 2012. They are lazy in fixing other things, such as the Monaco fps and the penalty system.

Back