New Site, Old Series

United States
Florida
Amphoteric88
Hallo Comrades!
(Warning: Quite lengthy, have paper and pen out for extensive note taking!)
I am Ricardo Daniel A. The short history of my life is as follows: I was born in Venezuela, brought to the U.S. as baby, and have lived in Florida for over 10 years. I am a student in high school, and I like learning, but what I like love more than any other thing are cars.

I think I found GTPlanet through web surfing, or Google-ing, I'm not too sure... :P Oh well, all I know is that it was earlier this year, around the time of the PSN Outage that I found this site.

I started playing video games on the Nintendo 64, at the young age of about 5, Banjo and Kazooie and Crusin USA were the two I remember most.
Around age 7, I got a PS2, and with it, Gran Turismo 3. I have vivid memories of summer vacations spent beasting up tracks such as Trial Mountain, Midfield Raceway and Swiss Alps. To this day, I still have not been able to finish Gran Turismo 3. I also played Gran Turismo 4, but since my PS2 was aging, its disc reader malfunctioned, and I never got to truly immerse myself in Gran Turismo 4.

The time between the release of the PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 was a darker period, with no simulation racing what-so-ever. I prefer not to talk about it... :P lol jk but still, it was pretty bad.
Then Gran Turismo 5 was announced. I made sure to pre order the Collector's Edition ($100 and no job equaled a lot of favors to do!) But I managed to work out a deal. Once the counter on the official Gran Turismo website was placed, I checked it religiously, or so to say, more frequently than before the counter was up (which was already at about twelve times a day!)

The moment the counter read all zeros, I cried tears of joy, knowing that my copy of Gran Turismo 5 was on its way, even though I had no PS3 at the moment, for my 1st one "expired." I waited patiently for a few weeks while my game came in. Finally it did, and I could not believe the joy I experienced. Eventually, my parents were able to get a new PS3 for my brother and me (Have I mentioned my brother? No? He is just a big a fan as I am.)

Due to the rigorous classes I'm taking now, my time with my love is limited to on day a week. Feels like I got the bad end of a child custody sentencing... joking here, but yes, my time with her is limited.

Besides Gran Turismo, I play other racing games like Need for Speed (I have the whole series up to Shift 2 Unleashed), Burnout, Collin McRae/Dirt, etc. though lately I've been into Fallout: New Vegas and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and its sequel, Among Thieves. I would like an Xbox, mainly to play Forza and compare it to the might of Gran Turismo.

Outside of video games, I love food, drawing (especially cars), cars, engines, and I feel naked without a watch on my left wrist. I think this about wraps things up.

Oh, right, what I look forward to doing in the community. I hope to upload nice pictures that inspire people, or arouse their emotions. I will try to be an active member in the forums, adding insightful commentary and such. And finally, I hope to share my experiences and I hope to learn even more about Gran Turismo and how to enjoy it even more.
:cheers: and always :bowdown: when the intro movie comes on! :D

Welcome to the site Ricardo! Please enjoy your stay here and have a good time.

That's a very wonderful short-essay about yourself for fellow members on GTP to get to know you. Have a good stay here!

:gtpflag:

Back