New Skyline GTR

• Thread starter ShobThaBob
  • 22 comments

ShobThaBob

Premium
rosooftw
Ok people, I just got this off of MSN.com Auto's Coverage of the Tokyo Motor Show. So finally we can quit squabbling and debating what the new GTR will look like, and when it will be coming out.

"Nissan's Ghosn acknowledged the company's 400-horsepower, GT-R super car is taking quite a while to get to market. Noting an engineering bottleneck inside Nissan, Ghosn said the company had looked at partnering for the GT-R development but later decided against it. Now, he said, work is ongoing. Ghosn expects to see a GT-R at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show, with deliveries to customers following shortly thereafter. "Our intent is to build an extreme sports car at a reasonable price," he said, adding styling changes will make the final GT-R look substantially different from the concept that was out a couple years ago. "

So there you have it. about 3 1/2 more years, and something that looks completely different than what we think.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4022197&src=Home&pos=Edit1

there's no pics of it...I was hoping for a pic...oh well, good info none the less.

-edit

That miata looks like crap...:lol::lol::lol:....And that personal mobility car....I WANT IT.

I just recently bought a UK magazine called AUTOCAR and it had a photo of the NEW Skyline in it. But I was not sure if the look was finalized...

:mischievous:

ill try to but the picture has been printed awkard as the car is spread inbetween the two pages, I'll try my best to scan the image in, btu we'll just hav eto wait and see.........
:mischievous:

ive seen a new pic of the new skyline. in my opinion it looks like crap. i think they should keep the tradition of the skyline of the r-30 to the r-34. just because its going to be slod in the u.s. doesnt meen they have to change the style. but you could also just buy a r-34 front end for it

The reason for dropping the "R-3x" name is because Nissan wanted to separate the GT-R Skyline from the regular Skyline/G35 coupe and sedan.

I highly doubt you will be able to slap on a R-34 front onto the new GT-R.

Originally posted by skyline master
ive seen a new pic of the new skyline. in my opinion it looks like crap. i think they should keep the tradition of the skyline of the r-30 to the r-34. just because its going to be slod in the u.s. doesnt meen they have to change the style. but you could also just buy a r-34 front end for it

their going to re-design it...thats what it said in the article...

Originally posted by Viper Zero
The reason for dropping the "R-3x" name is because Nissan wanted to separate the GT-R Skyline from the regular Skyline/G35 coupe and sedan.

I highly doubt you will be able to slap on a R-34 front onto the new GT-R.

IIRC There is still an R-3x. The current skyline is R35. The GT-R will no longer be connected to the skyline in any way - it will be a purpose built sportscar, rather than being based on a family sedan as in the past. So it gets a new designation apart from the R-35, which is still in use on that current skyline..

The skyline GTR will split into two parts. One simply known as the skyline and will be luxury version (like the G35). The sporty version will be known only as the GTR (im not sure about the R-3x thing) and will be a sports car. I like the R-34 due to it's 2+2 seating because you can still drive a bad ass car with kids.

I heard from a dif site that you could put the r-34 front end on but you might not be able cause all the sites ive been on ive heard diff things about the style, performance, and and what you could change it 2

Hey thats not cool! it happends to me all the time. As a matter of fact, my Gran Turismo game is always telling me to do stuff, like now, it's telling me to burn things! Don't worry the pills make the voices go away!

UH OH!! I feel that the next GTR will have the same anticipation as GT4 on these boards... Millions of false announcements by random sources. :rolleyes:

Back